Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Tiny Moles Are Popping Up Everywhere..?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby Franky » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:53 pm

I recently started going to tanning beds just to get a bit of color before the summer comes and I start going to the beach, and I just noticed that I have at least 7 new tiny beauty marks that popped up out of nowhere on my back.. I'm not too fair skinned, I tan easily and rarely ever burn but I'm alarmed that these moles popped up after spending 4 sessions in a tanning bed. They are all about the same size and the same color except they're darker than other moles/ beauty marks that I have on my arms and legs, and they're not itchy or irritating me at all.
Should I be concerned about it being skin cancer? What are the chances? And I'm 18 in case that makes a difference
Franky

Postby Arioch » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:58 pm

If you are that paranoid you should not be using a tanning bed.

Cancer usually takes years to manifest and UV exposure it only one risk factor, though the biggest one,.

You will get new moles throughout your life, we all do.
Arioch

Postby Claude » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:59 pm

to make sure they arent cancer get a knife and cut off your moles
Claude

Postby Chisholm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:08 pm

They're most likely just moles. Skin cancer takes years to develop. It wont happen after just four tanning sessions. If you're that worried, see a doctor, but don't be surprised if he tells you there's nothing to be concerned about.
Chisholm

Postby Llyn » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:15 pm

If you suspect skin cancer you should contact a dermatologist immediately, as this could be Melanoma, the most deadly skin cancer. Follow the A-B-C-D-E guide below.

A is for asymmetrical shape. Look for moles with irregular shapes, such as two very different-looking halves.

B is for irregular border. Look for moles with irregular, notched or scalloped borders ? characteristics of melanomas.

C is for changes in color. Look for growths that have many colors or an uneven distribution of color.

D is for diameter. Look for new growth in a mole larger than about 1/4 inch (6 millimeters).

E is for evolving. Look for changes over time, such as a mole that grows in size or that changes color or shape. Moles may also evolve to develop new signs and symptoms, such as new itchiness or bleeding.
Llyn

Postby reginhard » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Whac-A-Mole!
reginhard

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer