Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Is Your Opinion On Plastic Surgery?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby Tearly » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:35 pm

I was always very against it if it was done for cosmetic reasons. I felt like people should live with what they were given... BUT THEN, nowadays, I'm actually considering blepharoplasty when I graduate school (removal of excess fat/skin from upper eyelids), because I was born with really fatty upper eyelids that force me to raise my eyebrows to look at people/things normally. Otherwise, I would look extremely pissed, tired, and angry. Basically like this, except my eyes would look more narrow: http://www.oogkliniek.be/sites/default/f... . Sort of like this: http://www.mastereyeassociates.com/Porta... . I already have fine lines on my forehead from raising my eyebrows my whole life. I don't know what to think. I would feel so superficial but at the same time, my eyes might look better and I wouldn't have to worry about wrinkles and raising my eyebrows :( What do you think of plastic surgeries like this???
Tearly

Postby Radeliffe » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:38 pm

I think that money could be spent on better things. I suppose if it hinders you then it's more acceptable (in my eyes) to get plastic surgery for it, but when people spend vast amounts of money on things like breast surgery or anything for purely cosmetic reasons when it's actually not going to help anyone in anyway then it's just stupid and selfish especially when some people go without food.
Radeliffe

Postby Cleve » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:43 pm

I feel like it would be better for you to get the surgery, since you have problems from your condition. If you wanted to get a breast enlargement I would suggest against it, but the surgery you want isn't a hard one and it'll make you feel better about yourself and it'll help you.

It's not a serious surgery, it'll make a huge difference, and it'll take one problem out of your life.

I would get it. Good luck :)
Cleve

Postby Derald » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:44 pm

If someone needs plastic surgery for medical conditions or reasons. Or, for example, someone has their breast removed due to cancer I can understand if they would prefer to have it replaced. But if it is for cosmetic reasons I completely opposed to it. I think though if you really think it is affecting you then maybe. But think about it. If the rest of your face wrinkles and your forehead is straight. You will look a bit silly.

Think seriously about it before making a decision.
Derald

Postby Gillivray » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:47 pm

I think people should just keep their money. Nobody's perfect so if someone judges you who are they to do it?! I like they way I look everyones diffrent. Look at people years from now with it really disgusting!
Gillivray

Postby Mil » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Sounds like you need it. You are really the only one that can answer this question for yourself.
You can get people's support but you really don't need anyone's approval. I would get it if I were you. It's not really considered cosmetic if it 's interfering with your everyday life. Good luck.
Mil

Postby Westcott » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Well honestly, it's really unfair for one to claim it as superficial. I work as a therapist and have spoke to many about this situation when they've brought it up. Everyone is different. You really need to put yourself into that person's shoes before you make a judgement, if at all. If you feel it would help your life, then there is no reason to not go for it. Plastic surgery is a personal decision and it's your life and your body, nobody else. They don't live in your body so they wouldn't know anymore than sympathizing. You're not a repeat offender, looking for perfection, or have a body dysmorphic disorder, then why not. It is your body.
Westcott

Postby addaneye » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:57 pm

honestly if it makes someone feel better then go for it
addaneye

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer