Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Is My Percentage Chance Of Getting Skin Cancer?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

Postby Divyesh » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:05 pm

I'm 17 and i have a very pale complexion with tons of freckles and I don't have red hair. I have never gotten tan just severely burned every time I go out in the sun for more than an hour. I've had about 20 bad blistering sunburns in my life. And sun poisoning like twice I think. What are my odds? Just to calm myself down a bit
Divyesh

Postby Uaid » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:09 pm

No well being care provider would supply a proportion of in all possibility hood of having pores and skin maximum cancers. There are indications that a guy or woman would replace into greater carriers to pores and skin maximum cancers alongside with uncomplicated pores and skin, numerous moles ect.
Uaid

Postby Reilley » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:10 pm

I'm going to stick my neck out a bit and tell you I don't have any factual data but I do have personal experience. I got my first skin cancer at age 60 after spending my life in Florida camping and going to the beach and not using sunscreen. I too have fair skin, freckles and moles, blue eyes and brown hair, but my father had red hair and he had skin cancer and I have his skin type.

Everyone is at risk for skin cancer and you sow the seeds in your youth by going to the beach and baking, spending hours outdoors without protection and so forth. The good news is that early detection is easy. Whenever you go to the doctor for your check up, have him or her look at any spots you're concerned about. I know 40 years sounds like a long way off, but you can wear sunscreen and a hat when you're out and protect yourself now while you are young. I now go to the doctor regularly and he zaps those spots before they get started. I plan to live for a long time yet. Good luck.
Reilley

Postby Dives » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Where you live has an effect on this.

The UV radiation is not uniform across our planet, for example it is more than 7% higher in Australia than in Europe.

Someone living in Australia has a 66% risk of skin cancer.

Use of a tanning bed/solarium before the age of 35 increases the risk of melanoma by 75%.

You need to start protecting your skin better.
Dives

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer