When your skin is dry, it produces MORE oil to combat the dryness, so that causes your pores to clog and makes you break out.
During the day, use witchazel as a toner, and apple cider vinegar at night (because it stinks, but you'll get used to it). They will clean your skin without drying it out.
There is no magic potion to get rid of acne; You have to battle it from the inside and out:
STOP eating and drinking foods with refined or artificial sugars, like high fructose corn syrup or aspartame/phenylalanine. Up your vitamin C, A and K. Do some exercise like dancing or yoga. Get a little sun everyday, like about 10 minutes. Drink more water.
Many beauty products on the market have harmful chemicals in them; do your favorite beauty products contain any of these things?:
* Mineral Oil, Paraffin & Petrolatum ? Petroleum products coat the skin like plastic, clogging pores and creating a build-up of toxins, which in turn accumulate and can lead to dermatological issues, like slowing cellular development, which can cause you to show earlier signs of aging. Suspected cause of cancer & Disruptive of hormonal activity. By the way, when there?s an oil spill in the ocean, don?t they rush to clean it up ? fast? Why put that stuff on your skin?
* Parabens ? Widely used as preservatives in the cosmetic industry (including moisturizers). An estimated 13,200 cosmetic and skin care products contain parabens. Studies implicate their connection with cancer. They have hormone-disrupting qualities ? mimicking estrogen ? and interfere with the body?s endocrine system.
* Phenol carbolic acid? Found in many lotions and skin creams. Can cause circulatory collapse, paralysis, convulsions, coma and even death from respiratory failure.
* Propylene glycol ? Used as a moisturizer in cosmetics and as a carrier in fragrance oils. Shown to cause dermatitis, kidney or liver abnormalities, and may inhibit skin cell growth or cause skin irritation.
* Acrylamide? Found in many hand and face creams. Linked to mammary tumors in lab research.
* Sodium laurel or lauryl sulfate (SLS), also known as sodium laureth sulfate (SLES)? Found in car washes, engine degreasers, garage floor cleaners? and in over 90% of personal care products! SLS breaks down the skin?s moisture barrier, easily penetrates the skin, and allows other chemicals to easily penetrate. Combined with other chemicals, SLS becomes a ?nitrosamine?, a potent class of carcinogen. It can also cause hair loss. SLES is sometimes disguised with the labeling ?comes from coconut? or ?coconut-derived
* Toluene ? Poison! Danger! Harmful or fatal if swallowed! Harmful if inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Made from petroleum or coal tar, and found in most synthetic fragrances. Chronic exposure linked to anemia, lowered blood cell count, liver or kidney damage, and may affect a developing fetus. Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) contains toluene. Other names may include benzoic and benzyl.
* Dioxane? Found in compounds known as PEG, Polysorbates, Laureth, ethoxylated alcohols. Common in a wide range of personal care products. The compounds are usually contaminated with high concentrations of highly volatile 1,4-dioxane, easily absorbed through the skin. Dioxane?s carcinogenicity was first reported in 1965 and later confirmed in studies including one from the National Cancer Institute in 1978. Nasal passages and liver are the most vulnerable. Dioxane is easily removed during the manufacturing process by ?vacuum stripping?.
Warning: It is a synthetic derivative of coconut. Watch for hidden language on labels, such as ?comes from coconut?.
IF SO, you should throw them away IMMEDIATELY and you can substitute virgin/extra virgin olive oil or a natural coconut oil to moisturize in the meantime until you find a better, natural alternative!!! Tell ALL your friends and family!!!