Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Have A Red Birthmark On My Face. Its So Embrassing When People Ask What Is On Ur Face..plz Help Me?

Melanoma and Skin Cancer Discussion

I Have A Red Birthmark On My Face. Its So Embrassing When People Ask What Is On Ur Face..plz Help Me?

Postby darcy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:01 am

Ice T- and Cindy Crawford - famous Million-Dollar model, even Madonna has a good mole on their faces! Google:

Celebrities with beauty marks 122,000,000 r results (0.17 seconds)

Sophie Simmons, Gene Simmons's DD of KISS, has one on her face, actually for her it's a huge birthmark. There are good moles and there are bad moles.
Elizabeth Taylor has good mole, Before you do anything to your mole, make sure it's been seen by a doctor if it's a good mole or a bad mole.

But most of all, use a wide brim hat or umbrella to protect your skin from getting more discolorations permanently.

RE SKIN LIGHTENING:

The FDA have banned 23 more whitening products. Google it. About 17,600,000 results.

The reason cited for the proposed ban is that studies in rodents show "some evidence" that hydroquinone may act as a carcinogen or cancer-causing chemical, although its cancer-causing properties have yet to be proved in humans. Hydroquinone also has been linked with the medical condition known as ochronosis in which the skin becomes dark and thick. Dome-shaped yellowish spots and grayish-brown spots also are observed in ochronosis among black women and men in South Africa, Britain, and the U.S. Ochronosis has been observed in conjunction with hydroquinone use even in persons who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics for a short time. Some studies also report abnormal function of the adrenal glands and high levels of mercury in people who have used hydroquinone-containing cosmetics. For these reasons, hydroquinone has already been banned in Japan, the European Union, and Australia. Including BB creams.

Any skin-lightening products containing hydroquinone would be considered new drugs, according to the proposed FDA regulations. The products would require FDA approval before being sold to the public and would only be available with a doctor's prescription.

Skin Creams, Gels, Soaps and Lotions Marketed as Skin Lighteners and Anti-aging Treatments: May Contain the Toxic Metal, Mercury.

Take the Skin Picture Quiz - Identify These Common Skin Conditions on MedicineNet.

One YA poster used lemon on her skin: "i use 2 put lemon on my face mostly my chin area, and? wat happend it dried it out? and actually made it look darker and now looks discolored?"

Another example: "When I used hydroquinone for the first day my skin got so light. On second night I applied it and when I got up in the morning my face was so red and warm. So I stop using it. Today is about a week from that day and redness is not that bad but face skin color is pink and darker but warm. Can it be lighter soon naturally or need something to make it lighter? I can see very difference between my face and neck. Please help!"

Have you seen Jennifer Hudson's flea bitten scars on her legs? Serena Williams underarms & elbows plus her knees ALL have dark discolorations on them. Haley Couco has underarms stains, too, and she hosted the People's Choice Awards and not even makeup can conceal them.

The sun is more powerful than most people think!
darcy

Postby ward61 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:03 am

Sometimes you can ahve them removed but they leave scars, if not makeup is your best bet :)
ward61

Postby Wigman » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 am

It sucks when people are so mean. I know its hard to do, but you should not be embarrassed by a birth mark. My grandmother had some on her neck and face and she proudly called them beauty marks, and the way she behaved, you almost wished you had beauty marks as well. I'm not sure how she did that, but if you can find a way to accept these marks and think of them as beauty marks, it will make life much easier. In some ways this gives you a special advantage because it instantly identifies people that are a**holes that really aren't worth your time. Red birthmarks are caused by a high density of capillaries just beneath the skin, so it is not a pigmentation issue that can be treated with bleaching or removal of skin layers. Unfortunately, the only thing that removes them is laser treatment. There are some skin whitening products sold in stores that claim to fade birthmarks, but dermatologists warn people not to use these products on red birthmarks because you can actually make the color even darker, and there is no possible way to bleach the color out of your blood.
Wigman

Postby Mead » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 am

First off, people shouldn't be asking rude questions. I hope you don't feel discouraged in any way by them. My tip would be to use concealer. There are many concealers out there that would do the job. Try out Maybelline's FitMe Concealers. They have a lot of shades, so it won't be too hard to pick the shade that suits you best. Plus, the formula is creamy and it's also quite pigmented. Another concealer I suggest using is the Catrice Cover-stick concealer. This feels slightly heavy on my skin, but I'm quite picky when it comes to concealer. Hope I helped and good luck! (: x
Mead

Postby Sherlock » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:20 am

you get make up to hide red birth marks and port wine stains on your face

its a minty green colour, so not be put off by the colour, it works

go to a department store, they will have someone trained in applying and advising

let them see which shade of the green does the job for you
Sherlock

Postby Curtice » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:23 am

Sophie Simmons Birthmark
Curtice

Postby Orland » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 am

Depending on the size and color, I would experiment with make up shades to cover it. Don't go heavy or you will bring more attention to it. A light layer of the right color, applied a few times, should help. Use a sponge applicator to blend it well. You may even find the right shade of foundation to dab on it....if someone asks, they probably don't realize it's permanent...Although it's embarrassing for you because you are self conscience about it, I would make light of it and simple say, "That's my birth mark" My daughter had complications at birth and there's an area on her temple that has no hair and is visibly abnormal. When she was little, I told her it was her baby scar. She used to point it out to her friends, but as she got older, she wore her hair differently to cover it.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, be who you are. That's all any of us can do.
Orland

Return to Melanoma and Skin Cancer