Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is It Possible For Cancer To Exist Without A Tumor?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby Oswin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:15 am

A friend of mine recently told me she has lung cancer.
She then told me that she would be having surgery about a month later.
When I asked her if they were going to remove the tumor, she said that there was no tumor.
She's seemed sketchy about things in the past, but if she's lying about something like this...well, that takes the cake.
Oswin

Postby Elvin » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:18 am

Cancer can exist in your lymph nodes, but if there is no tumor, it seems unlikely that a surgery would help without Chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
Elvin

Postby Naftalie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:19 am

They wouldn't wait a month.
If there is no tumor.. surgery is unlikely.
I would not just jump up in her face and say OMG you are such a liar... but play it cool.
Don't get overly into her story.
Just say, oh wow, that sux, so sorry.
I hope you come out of it ok.
And then just leave it cool, If her story becomes more and more outrageous... or if suddenly she says it was a wild misdiagnosis, then you know it was a lie.
Naftalie

Postby Shizhee » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:31 am

People are not often accurate when discussing their cancer and this may be the case. Did she say what her surgery was for? It?s possible she has mesothelioma which is usually diffused and she interpreted that as not having a tumor. It could be a recurrence and the primary tumor was removed previously. And there are times where there is no evidence of a primary tumor. It is very rare for this to happen, but it does happen. Consider the source. You know her. If it?s not like her to tell an outrageous lie I wouldn?t start calling her a liar now. If it is she is probably lying, exaggerating or mistaken. You will know soon enough, because if she really does have cancer it is not curable.
Shizhee

Postby eleder » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 am

If there is no tumor than there is nothing to surgically take out.
Go to cancer.org and look up lung cancer.

I think she is lying to you and I base this on me being a retired nurse, 19 yrs in hospice care, and finally my hubby spending 21 months fighting cancer.

He is cancer free and we can't be more grateful!
eleder

Postby Albie » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:41 am

the main likley answer is misdiagnosis i don't understand the intricet information yet God seems to be the 1st answer human beings use whilst something stable happens and human beings do not evaluate the whole posibilities. I genuinely have not something against any faith infact i'm a christian yet i've got self assurance God would not save life on the earth. i'd say your pal needs to remember that he isn't any use to god in a coffin so needs the lifesaving treatment. docs carry out the real miracles!
Albie

Postby Colter » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:47 am

A friend of mine recently told me she has lung cancer.
She then told me that she would be having surgery about a month later.
When I asked her if they were going to remove the tumor, she said that there was no tumor.
She's seemed sketchy about things in the past, but if she's lying about something like this...well, that takes the cake.
Colter

Return to Mesothelioma Forum