It could be, but it could be dozens of other things. If he smoked (ever) or did certain work, asbestos would be very low on the risk level. So without a complete bio, the best that can be said is maybe, but not likely.
That is too new a house to have any asbestos. It was banned in the early seventies. And the only dangerous asbestos is the kind that can be loose in the air, such as asbestos in insulation that's falling apart. Even then it takes years of exposure to cause harm, and when it does it is a specific kind of lung cancer called mesothelioma.
Asbestos usually affects one's lungs. So the tumor that your father had sounds more like a result of mesothelioma (one of the diseases caused by asbestos). It's not the end of the world if your house has asbestos in it though. As long as a surface containing asbestos is not cracked, you are safe. If you really worry about it, get some professional help. I'll cite EPA's website for reference.