Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:



Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Was Exposed To Asbestos For Less Than 20 Minutes, Should I Be Worried?

Mesothelioma causes, treatment and diagnosis discussion

I Was Exposed To Asbestos For Less Than 20 Minutes, Should I Be Worried?

Postby Tally » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:55 am

Yesterday for about 20 minutes me and my friends were in an underground parking garage skating a little bit. We realized that it was closed off because of something being wrong, not just construction, so we left. it wasnt even close to 20 minutes, it may have only been less than 10, but should i be worried? (Im 17, a guy, and i dont want to tell my parents stuff i dont have to). I dont feel sick, i know symptoms can take a while to form but i dont think anything is wrong so...do i have anything to worry about?
Tally
 
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:31 pm

I Was Exposed To Asbestos For Less Than 20 Minutes, Should I Be Worried?

Postby Tangakwunu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:59 am

no the media has had a field day with the asbestos subject. workers that handled it every day for years were sickened by it. I am in my 60's and relined a few ancient boilers with a product containing asbestos and have no ill effects. what did you see to make you think of asbestos?
Tangakwunu
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:48 am

I Was Exposed To Asbestos For Less Than 20 Minutes, Should I Be Worried?

Postby Dusan » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:00 pm

Would like to know more about this too
Dusan
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:32 pm

I Was Exposed To Asbestos For Less Than 20 Minutes, Should I Be Worried?

Postby Cairo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:03 pm

Your exposure would not have been above any regulatory level.
In fact, it was probably not even measurable.
Your biggest worry was that you were breaking the law by trespassing.
Cairo
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:21 am

I Was Exposed To Asbestos For Less Than 20 Minutes, Should I Be Worried?

Postby Dolaidh » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:04 pm

Nope. you will need probably 10 years to be affected by asbestos.
Dolaidh
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:20 am

I Was Exposed To Asbestos For Less Than 20 Minutes, Should I Be Worried?

Postby honorato » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:08 pm

No. You have to work with it for years before it gets dangerous. You actually need to inhale the fibers.
honorato
 
Posts: 714
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:13 am


Return to Mesothelioma Forum

 


  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post