Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I'm Scared Its Ovarian Cancer?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby Breac » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:49 am

For the past couple of months I have been bloated feeling full fast, constipated, back pain, extreme fatigue pain during intercourse. I am 28 years old. I do have IBS but I am worried because these are all signs of ovarian cancer. I did have an ultrasound and had a small cyst when i went back they said it went away help!
Breac

Postby Erwyn » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:56 am

Hi there,

Relax, most ovarian cyst are benign. It's not a cancer. You will know if it is cancer unless they test it and the result is malignant. Most women don't know that they have ovarian cyst unless they undergo ultrasound. The best thing you can do is educate yourself about the signs and symptoms of ovarian cyst and how to prevent and treat them. Cheers
Erwyn

Postby Igon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:57 am

You by and large should not have ovarian melanoma. The web scares men and women an excessive amount of repeatedly. This does not imply you don't have it looked at. A stupid aching soreness that comes and is going in the course of the core of you cycle can point out ovulation soreness. Do you realize another vaginal discharge in the course of this time? This soreness may additionally radiate down your leg. An develop in bowel activities and gasoline can be attributed to anxiousness on the grounds that our intestines are extremely touchy to pressure. I could propose you to look your healthcare professional to have the soreness investigated and perhaps a pelvic ultrasound to position your brain at leisure. If you could have a robust household historical past of breast or ovarian melanoma than you would have intent to fear- however ovarian melanoma at this type of younger age could be very infrequent, even though now not unattainable. There is a lab scan referred to as CA125 that is a tumor maker used repeatedly to aid diagnose ovarian melanoma. You would additionally ask for this to be drawn. I had been an OB nurse for 10 years and I am approximately to graduate from a nurse practitioner software. I desire this data is helping you.
Igon

Postby Brychan » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:00 am

From http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/...

"Older women are at highest risk. About two-thirds of the deaths from ovarian cancer occur in women age 55 and older. About 25% of ovarian cancer deaths occur in women ages 35 - 54."

There are rare cases of ovarian carcinoma in women under age 30.

But if your ultrasound showed no ascites and no sign of an ovarian mass - your bloating, constipation, fatigue, and back pain should not be caused by an ovarian cancer.
A cancer large enough to cause those symptoms should be easily visualized on a pelvic ultrasound.

- - -

Causes of dyspareunia (pain with intercourse) include the following : " endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, uterine prolapse, retroverted uterus, uterine fibroids, cystitis, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids and ovarian cysts." This is from a Mayo Clinic review - http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/painful...

- - - -

Since you are worried it would be a good idea to go back to your gynecologist for a discussion of your concerns.
That may give you the reassurance you need.
Brychan

Postby Coch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:03 am

You must get your bowels working properly having daily movements. When your bowels are constipated you wn;t feel well because your not get rid of feces. Buy flax seed or powder and take it daily. You can sprinkle it on cereal or add it to any food your eating.
Drink fluids and your intestines will flush out easily. You won't feel full anymore or experience pain in that area. Your bowels are extremely important when it comes to feeling well each day. Ovarian cancer is silent killer, there is no pain involved. Cysts yes can cause pain in the ovaries but generally they burst, or may need to be removed if growing by a surgeon. Hope this helps! Cocoa
Coch

Return to Ovarian Cancer