Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Could I Have Ovarian Cancer?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby Randon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:44 am

I always feel like I'm pushing out on my stomach. And I read that was a symptom of cancer. Though I've felt like this for 6 years now. It began after having panic attacks when I was 13.
It also feels like it could be some kind of intestinal problem. Always feels like I'm pushing out from my stomach when I stand up and it makes it hard to breathe. Recently I've been having mucus in my poop also. Has anyone ever felt like this? I will go to the doctor soon but I don't even know where to begin asking them to check :(
Randon

Postby cupere27 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:46 am

Sounds nothing like it.
cupere27

Postby Jerrad » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:47 am

Signs and symptoms of ovarian cancer may include:

Abdominal pressure, fullness, swelling or bloating

Pelvic discomfort or pain

Persistent indigestion, gas or nausea

Changes in bowel habits, such as constipation

Changes in bladder habits, including a frequent need to urinate

Loss of appetite or quickly feeling full

Increased abdominal girth or clothes fitting tighter around your waist

A persistent lack of energy

Low back pain

However, Symptoms of ovarian cancer are not specific to the disease, and they often mimic those of many other more-common conditions, including digestive problems

Also here's some additional info on ovarian cancer.

Three main types of ovarian cancers (tumors)

Epithelial ovarian cancer (epithelial ovarian tumors) - derived from cells on the surface of the ovary. It occurs mainly in adults.

Germ cell ovarian cancer (germ cell ovarian tumors) - derived from the egg-producing cells within the body of the ovary. This rare type of cancer more commonly affects children and teenage girls.

Stromal ovarian cancer (sex cord stromal tumors) - develops within the cells that hold the ovaries together.

Cancers from other organs in the body can spread to the ovaries - metastatic cancers - a metastatic cancer is one that spreads from where it first arose as a primary tumor to other locations in the body.
Jerrad

Return to Ovarian Cancer