Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I'm Freaking Out My Ca 125 Level Was 64?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Postby Sachio » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 am

My CA 125 was 64 abdominal exams were fine, ultrasound including internal was fine. I've only had a bit of middle cycle pain and that is why I had the test, I have had no other symptoms.
I do have 2 fibroids though could this be the cause? Anyone had similar result? GP has asked me to have another blood test in 2wks.
Sachio

Postby Tasunke » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 am

Diabetes, also called diabetes mellitus, has become a very common heath problem. How to reverse diabetes naturally https://tr.im/vhPA3

There are two main types of diabetes- type 1 diabetes in which the body does not produce insulin and type 2 diabetes in which the body does not produce enough insulin or the insulin that is produced does not work properly.

Some of the common symptoms of diabetes include fatigue, weight loss (even though you are eating more), excessive thirst, increased urination, cut and bruises that are slow to heal and blurred vision.

While there is no cure for diabetes, with your blood sugar level under control you can live a totally normal life. There are various natural remedies for diabetes that will help you control your blood sugar level.
Tasunke

Postby Albrecht » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:32 am

I would be asking for a transvaginal ultrasound to take a look at my ovaries.
Albrecht

Postby Sorrell » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:34 am

Sorrell

Postby Bryne » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:38 am

Bryne

Postby Mansel » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:39 am

CA 125 is a protein in the blood that goes up when a woman has ovarian cancer. The trouble is, this protein also goes up when a woman has other health problems that do not involve cancer. The test can help find ovarian cancer, but it is not very accurate!

CA 125 levels are elevated in approximately 1 percent of healthy women and fluctuate during the menstrual cycle. CA 125 is also increased in a variety of benign and malignant conditions, including:

?Endometriosis

?Uterine leiomyoma (Fibroids)

?Cirrhosis with or without ascites

?Pelvic inflammatory disease

?Cancers of the endometrium, breast, lung, and pancreas

?Pleural or peritoneal fluid due to any cause

Unfortunately, the CA 125 is a screening marker, and is limited in many situations.
It sounds as though your GP wants to trend the CA125 level.
Having said that, you must also correlate your risk factors for ovarian cancer.

Strong risk factors include

1. Familial ovarian cancer syndrome (rare) (lifetime probability % 30 to 50)

2. Two or three relatives with ovarian cancer (life time probability 5.5% (15 if first degree)

3. One relative (first or second degree) with ovarian cancer (life time probabilty 3.7% (5 if first degree)

There are other risk factors, but these are a few major ones.

Summary - DONT PANIC! Your elevated CA125 could be elevated for many other benign conditions such as your fibroids you mentioned.
Follow up with your GP as scheduled and feel free to address any concerns or anxiety with him/her about any lab results.

Hope this helped....Take care!
Mansel

Postby Frisa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:53 am

Uterine fibroids are the non-cancerous tumor growths in the clean muscle levels of the uterus. The Uterine Fibroids is very common among the feminine gender during the first, mid and later reproductive years and if you intend to get rid of it you need Amanda Leto's Fibroids Miracle book from here https://tr.im/WSOd0

Fibroids Miracle guide is a complete manual to managing uterine fibroids normally from home. 

The Fibroid miracle is by far the best and most natural plan to utilize to truly get your human body in great wellness and it'll revitalize the caliber of your day-to-day life. The fibroid wonder is the answer to a lasting alternative of one's uterine fibroids health condition.

Frisa

Postby Egbert » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:01 am

If you intend to learn to easy eliminate from your own organism the uterine fibroids you then will need that guide https://tr.im/lavPo , Fibroids Miracle.

Fibroids Miracle is a very simple to read book that are available on line and brought to your home in the smallest period of time possible.

The book give a three stage holistic approach process that's equally realistic and easy to implement daily to make certain progress in therapeutic your fibroids.
Egbert

Return to Ovarian Cancer