Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Do You Know Of Anyone Diagnosed/treated For Ovarian Cancer Stage 3c And Still In Good Health After 5 Years?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

Do You Know Of Anyone Diagnosed/treated For Ovarian Cancer Stage 3c And Still In Good Health After 5 Years?

Postby Hunfried » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:16 am

My wife is 47 yrs old, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, stage 3c, in early 2002, underwent surgery and was treated with chemotherapy.
But she has had three recurrences since then and currently is in poor health with a lot of pain and discomfort. I would like to get opinion and/or advise from people who have had this problem, preferably those who were diagnosed at stage 3c, got treated, did not have any recurrence and currently in good health.
This will help me to know how they managed the problem and how they have remained free of recurrence and in good health now.
Hunfried

Postby Stanbury » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:19 am

I was diagnosed with a stage four ovarian cancer 2 years ago when I was 17.
I was supposed to only have 6 rounds of chemo, but I had the option of two more rounds, which I did.
I also had a surgery which took 5 hours.
I havent had any reoccurences.
It hasnt been five years, but I have had been cancer free.
I would just go with any additional treatments that the oncologists offer.
I hope everything goes well with your wife.
If she needs anyone to talk to she can email me, because I have been through it all.
Stanbury

Postby Enoch » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:25 am

My wife is 47 yrs old, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer, stage 3c, in early 2002, underwent surgery and was treated with chemotherapy.
But she has had three recurrences since then and currently is in poor health with a lot of pain and discomfort. I would like to get opinion and/or advise from people who have had this problem, preferably those who were diagnosed at stage 3c, got treated, did not have any recurrence and currently in good health.
This will help me to know how they managed the problem and how they have remained free of recurrence and in good health now.
Enoch

Postby Tohy » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:28 am

I have no answer for you but I wanted to at least post a few kind words for you and your wife. I am sorry this is happening to her and to you. Keep the faith and God in your heart. Youir wife will probably be just fine after all. You both are in my prayers.
Tohy

Postby Edison » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:32 am

I'm sorry about your wife.
Each person is different.
Chemo and radiation therapies work for some people and not for others.
Recurrances of the cancer are hard because with each remission you think it's gone for good.
Your best plan is to talk to your local cancer support group or the oncology department at your local hospital.
Your wife's oncologist is the expert on the matter and they generally tell you the honest truth about the disease.
The biggest key is that your wife get the pain undercontrol by whatever means is necessary.
She doesn't have to suffer.
There are plenty of pain medications out there to keep her comfortable.
Please Talk to YOur Oncologist.
Edison

Postby jerrel82 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:34 am

Try this from the health food store, it's called 4 tea.
Comes in capsules it's for cancer.
jerrel82

Return to Ovarian Cancer