Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

An Ovarian Cyst?! At My Age!?? And Pap Smears. Please Help, Stories,comments Etc.?

Ovarian Cancer Discussion Forum

An Ovarian Cyst?! At My Age!?? And Pap Smears. Please Help, Stories,comments Etc.?

Postby Philips » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:43 pm

OK i am 15 and Wednesday night i had a really sharp pain in my side mom thought it was just a pulled muscle and i went to the doctor the day they thought it was appendicitis. well i had a xray and ct scan and we found it was an ovarian cyst.and it ruptured a pretty big one at that. the doctor said id be fine in about a week. now my mom and my doctor want me to have pap-smears done! what exactly do they do? has anyone ever had one especially to rupture? how long did it take you to heal did it prevent you to have children. o yes they run in my family and ovarian cancer? any comments just stories would help a lot
Philips

Postby Gille » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Are you sure they said a pap smear? Are you sexually active? If you are virgin, you don't need one and you are really young to have one anyway. They probably want an ultrasound instead. Or perhaps an internal exam. (which is similar to a pap smear). I would ask your doctor why he is recommending it. Also, don't listen to your mom, it's really your decision, unless there's a life threatening emergency going on.

Also, woman can get ovarian cysts at any age and they are really common.
Gille

Postby Taithleach » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:48 pm

No. Pap smears may not exhibit them. But a gynecologic examination might result in the document feeling a cyst, IF it is enormous ample. The document might additionally leave out it or it might be too small for him to suppose. But besides, have you ever inspiration of the likelihood of endometriosis.
Taithleach

Return to Ovarian Cancer