Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

My Dad Has Stage 3 Pancreas Cancer?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby muirfinn50 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:34 pm

My dad is 56 years old and he was diagnosed with Stage 3 pancreas cancer how many stages are in pancreatic cancer? the tumor of which turned cancerous is wrapped in veins and such they are starting chemo and radiation how much radiation can he take? also can there be something he is not telling me?

he also has heart problems which cuts out the need of surgery

The surgeon gave him 6 weeks while the radiation people gave him maybe a year or two

could the surgeon guy just want to cut?
muirfinn50

Postby jaedon84 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:35 pm

My dad is 56 years old and he was diagnosed with Stage 3 pancreas cancer how many stages are in pancreatic cancer? the tumor of which turned cancerous is wrapped in veins and such they are starting chemo and radiation how much radiation can he take? also can there be something he is not telling me?

he also has heart problems which cuts out the need of surgery

The surgeon gave him 6 weeks while the radiation people gave him maybe a year or two

could the surgeon guy just want to cut?
jaedon84

Postby Weayaya » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:36 pm

Randy guy - don't you have some child to go molest?

I think i've seen over 100 answers that have some sort "stop spending so much time online" resemblance That's funny considering you might be the kind of guy that runs out of the 20 points then makes 8 different accounts to feed your Y!A addiction please feel free to throw yourself in traffic (we'll understand)
Weayaya

Postby Jerick » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 pm

If your dad has six weeks (according to the surgeon) than get off line and spend time with him. And yes there are many things your dad could not be telling you not least of which is that he is afraid. Be with him it is the only time that you will have weather it is a week a year or more. Spend as much time as you can with him and less time with us (we will understand)....R
Jerick

Postby pyrs » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:39 pm

I am not an surgeon or oncologist, but I would think 6 years is being to negative, and 2 years is too optomistic. Pancreatic cancer spreads fast, but not that fast.

But as the first guy said, make sure to spend as much time as possible with him.
pyrs

Postby Chioke » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:15 pm

There are 4 stages to pancreatic cancer.

Less than 20% of patients are able to have surgery and from what you describe your dad is not one of them, so the surgeon does not just want to cut.

It?s possible they are not telling you something, but it sounds pretty straightforward.

He could have anywhere from 4 months to 1 year. Maybe a little more, it depends on what kind of radiation he is getting and how well he feels and is able to perform daily living actives.
Chioke

Return to Pancreatic Cancer