Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is It Possible To Heal From Pancreatic Cancer Stage 3?

Pancreatic Cancer Discussions

Postby Felicio » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:20 pm

I'm sorry, but realistically, there's only the very smallest chance. Pancreatic cancer has the highest percentage of fatalities of any cancer. That is, 99% of people who get it die of it within 5 years. Other cancers have a bit better survivability. I say this even though it's really hard to say and to hear because I want you to know that you and your family should never think that if only you had done something different, he could have recovered. You might be able to prolong his life for a year or two. But when you have the type of cancer he has, and when it has spread so much, the outcome is almost a certainty. :-(
Felicio

Postby Cristofor » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:22 pm

Every situation is different. One might fight it out, another one might not. And it depends on doctors a lot also. Just like Patric Swayze's situation.
Cristofor

Postby Quany » Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:31 pm

regrettably, in the journey that your uncle's maximum cancers began contained in the pancreas and unfold to the liver and lungs, the oncologist became into way incorrect. Metastatic pancreatic maximum cancers (maximum cancers that has unfold) can not be cured and many times would not reaspond properly to chemotherapy. treatment could help strengthen the in many situations taking place of life and amplify the life span a sprint, in spite of the undeniable fact that it won't treatment it. Chemotherapy with gemcitabine is the in many situations taking place treatment for point 4 pancreatic maximum cancers. different drugs (Xeloda, Eloxatin, Tarceva) could help decrease the tumor and amplify the life expectancy extremely, yet there continues to be ongoing debate approximately how effectual those drugs are. the common life expectancy for a affected person with pancreatic maximum cancers that has unfold to the liver is approximately 4-6 months. i'm sorry to hearken to approximately your uncle.
Quany

Return to Pancreatic Cancer