Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What Does It Mean When Someone With Prostate Cancer's Psa Increases From 2 To 4.9 In Less Than 2 Months?

Discuss Prostate Cancer

What Does It Mean When Someone With Prostate Cancer's Psa Increases From 2 To 4.9 In Less Than 2 Months?

Postby Volker » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:57 am

My grandfather was diagnosed with prostate cancer 11 years ago. He went through all the treatments such as radiation. It was pretty aggressive at first but after some time it seemed to be stable. He has been having good PSA levels since then. In my my grandfather had his PSA checked by this urologist and it was 2.0, just last week (Less than 2 months ago) his doctor ordered another PSA test and it was 4.9. So I was wondering what this meant? My grandfather refuses to have any test done or go back to the hospital or doctors appointments.
Volker

Postby Blane » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:05 am

Sometime the PSA change

and in your grand father case it change for the best

HIs PSA is back to normal

NOTE

My husband had prostate surgery [ 11 yrs ago ] and each year they are checking his PSA

Last time his Psa was 4 point 5

and his doctor told him it was OK ;;; but it did happen before that his PSA was high and its next visit ;; his PSA was lower

but ;; his urologist told him

it was normal that the pSA change
Blane

Return to Prostate Cancer