Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How To Tell Boyfriend I (might) Have An Std?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby Chizkiyahu » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:18 am

I apologize ahead of time for the tmi and long paragraph.

So I found out I had Chlamydia in Jan which also caused me to have a yeast infection and a bladder infection because I had it so long without knowing. Anywho, no biggie, I took the antibiotics, everything seemed to have gone away. I KNOW I got it from my ex (he cheated on me last November and we broke up a few days after that), and he swears up and down he didn't give it to me -__- but I only slept with him and after we broke up, I wasn't sleeping with anyone else. So now me and my current boyfriend have been together 4 months now and about a month ago I noticed a weird, bright yellow somewhat odd smelling discharge. So I went to our campus health center, got a vaginal swab and tested for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea and Bacterial Vaginosis (which I have gotten 3 times before) All my tests came up negative and the doc said she saw no bacteria in my samples. So I told myself to chill, and stop being paranoid. Now I'm noticing my discharge is turning this high yellowish green color (right out of my vagina, I know sometimes discharge dries yellow, but this is coming out straight like that) sometimes it smells and sometimes it does not.

Question One: Could my school have given me a false negative testing?

Question Two: Do I HAVE to see the Gyno or can a regular physician test for BV and Chlamydia

Question Three: IF I do have that Chlamydia which didn't go away like it should have, how in the hell do I tell my bf??? I don't want him thinking I cheated or anything (and no he didn't give it to me, not possible. Always use protection). I really don't want to lose him over an un-properly treated STD :(

Question Four: Has anyone else had strange discharge problems and have any non STD reasons to why this is happening?
Chizkiyahu

Postby Amey » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:19 am

Okay now I am going to try to give you the best advice I can since I am in the medical profession. #1 yes you could very well have been given a test that was out of date or not stored properly and that has caused for you to receive the false testing. #2 You can go to your family doctor that can write up the orders for you to have the appropriate lab work and testing that you need to confirm for what you have been previously diagnosed with. Once your doctor has gotten the results back and reviews them, they will have you go in so that they can go over them with you and at that time will review what antibiotics that you have previously taken and will prescribe either a higher dose or find one that will work better with your symptoms. It is possible also, after this review by your family doctor he/she may refer you to a gyno for further treatment since you are experiencing problems with it clearing up. #3 It is best that you just be straight forward with your boyfriend about what you have and explain to him that you have not cheated on him and it was your ex that gave this to you. Just remember guys will be guys and yeah he may get upset, but in the end he should respect you more for being honest. The best thing you can do to protect him from this point on is to stop having sex, because even though you are using condoms they can break or come off and then you will have to deal with the guilt that you gave this to him. Better to be preventive and wait to have sex until it is fully gone then continue to have safe sex with a condom. Good luck hope this helped, and if your boyfriend cares about you he will understand that you had been done wrong and got this horrible thing which you did not deserve and he will also know that you are protecting him from contracting it because you care enough about him to tell him about it. One last thing, maybe seeing a gyno would not be such a bad idea after all because the discharge could be caused by the HPV Virus and that causes damage to the female organs and can lead to uteran cancer and infertility if not treated.
Amey

Postby Elyakim » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:23 am

Use your words.
Elyakim

Postby tung » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:25 am

Really why do not you wait until you get the outcome again earlier than you do something with the man. There are some STDs that may be passed even supposing you utilize a condom. In the event you can't wait - use a condom and inform him you might be being verified. How do you feel he would suppose if he finds out you knew you could have been exposed and determined to not tell him due to the fact you had been embarrassed.
tung

Postby Lok » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:32 am

Okay honey, first relax. :) You said your current bf couldn't have gaven it to you because of protection, condoms don't 100% guarantee anything. And you have to tell him, just tell him it was with your first guy and it was suppose to be taken care of but they didn't test you right or whatever.
Lok

Postby Cornall » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:50 am

well first of all, i would suggest that you prove to him you contracted it back in january and was treated (doctors papers if you can) etc...this will help show that you didnt cheat, and that it probably didnt go away from then. But if you tested negative, you may just be over reacting on the discharge. You can see any doctor to be tested for all of them, and i suggest you do just to clarify again. Discharge is normal for women, there's no explanation as to why we get it but we do..could be yeast, bacterial, could be close to ur period or ovulation..just depends
Cornall

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials