Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

How To Make Things Work With My Boyfriend?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby Gace » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:06 pm

So we broke up a couple days ago because I kept asking for attention and he said he couldn't give it to me since he was too busy. He's in the military and was in this school course for a month and he just never found time for me. He would go to school all day, come back hang out with his friends, then study. He rarely called or texted always saying he was too busy but I just don't think he tried hard enough and as a result I was just like a robot talking to him.

Anyways we got back together yesterday and he said he'd call so we could talk it all out but then he texted me saying that he was just told it was movie night with the guys in celebration of finishing the school course and that he'd tried to call when he got back but if not he'd make time for me tomorrow (today).

So today rolls around and he was at work all day and then he finally made it seem like he was free to talk and that I need to be home soon before any plans popped up but basically a second later he had made plans and said he'd call me when he got home. And he called to say his movie plans fell through so we could maybe skype tonight and he'd text me when he got back from the pool. But an hour goes by and i don't hear from him and he finally texted me saying that he didn't have his car and that they were going to a tramp park (whatever that is) and that he promises to make time for me tomorrow.....

I'm just so upset and I'm trying not to freak on him because that's what caused us to break up in the first place. But we haven't even had this relationship talk yet and it doesn't seem like anything has changed...... And we're doing long distance so it's extra hard.
Gace

Postby Alen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:07 pm

i would say it's not working. If you are in a relationship then you don't deserve to be on the waiting list you should be at the top. If he has time for his friends and not you he is not good at committing.
Alen

Postby Cuarto » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:08 pm

ask yourself what do you want in this relationship a cassandra. having some misunderstanding that means one of you is not listening to one of you listen and be the smartest person in the relationship if is still it doesn't work out and it's time to move on but try your best for once to make it worth it that's it
Cuarto

Postby montae » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:30 pm

I am not a relationship expert, but I can offer some advice.
Typically women want more time together with their men/family etc. and men want more free time.
And I am unsure what ages you guys are, but regardless it seems like he is looking for some "me" time.
It is possible his friends their don't have girlfriends or significant others, and it may look good to him right now.
And to me it sounds like you are feeling alone, and non-existent in the relationship, and that is no way okay.
I know you love him and want to be with him, but do you want to be with him, on his own terms.
A relationship is a two way street.
Only you can decide what is best for your relationship.
No one else here knows your history or the trials you have overcome together.
Sometimes it is good to have a little freedom before settling down and that could be good for the both of you! You know what you need to be happy.
If you set something free, and it returns, you know it loves you.
You could give him his time he is requesting, and in addition, you would get some time too.
Like I said, it is up to you! Good luck!!
montae

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials