Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

English Native Speakers, Please Help Me!?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby winslow » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Hi everyone,

I worte this e-mail and please have a look. Please let me know how to improve them.

-------------------------

I went to Jiaxing this week to check the forms that I filled out with F last time. There are a lot of forms and documents need your signature and some of them are quite complicated. I told the people that you are in US and if it was possible that you can entrust F to sign these forms. They told me yes and gave me another ?Power of attorney? . It is much easier, because there is only one form and just in case, we filled out something wrong in it. I called F to ask if it is okay with it. He said it was a good idea and will let me know after he got your permission. And then I will send the ?Power of attorney? to you. Please sign five original forms, because there are five different departments through the whole registered process.

I make a list to remind me which pharmaceutical company is having Clinical Trial now. I thought a lot about which is the best way to do that and what kind of people we need to meet.

------------------------------------

Thank you so much for your great help.
winslow

Postby Penvro » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 pm

This sounds like an important communication, so I'm going to try to help you.
I have written my corrections in CAPITAL letters so you can see them.
You must change them to lower case for your letter.

I went to Jiaxing this week to check ON the forms that I filled out with F last time. There are a lot of forms and documents WHICH need your signature and some of them are quite complicated. I told the people that you are in THE US and ASKED if it was possible FOR YOU TO entrust F to sign these forms. They SAID yes and gave me another ?Power of Attorney FORM?.

I do not understand THIS sentence, especially since later you say that there are FIVE original forms....

"It is much easier, because there is only one form and just in case, we filled out something wrong in it."

I suggest this version:

This is much easier, because there is only one form and if we fill out something wrong, it will be easier to correct.

I called F to ask if HE is okay with THIS. He said it was a good idea and will let me know after he GETS your permission.
THEN I will send the ?Power of Attorney FORMS? to you. Please sign THE five original forms, because there are five different departments through the whole registRATION process.

I maDe a list to remind me which pharmaceutical companIES ARE having Clinical TrialS now. I thought a lot about which is the best way to do THIS and ABOUT what kind of people we need to meet.
(I don't understand - If you mean people with whom you will discuss arrangements, then "meet" is correct.
If you mean people to participate in the clinical trials, then write "INCLUDE" instead of "meet.")

I hope this is helpful to you.
Good luck!

PS: I have taught many English learners, and although your writing is not perfect, it is superb! If you had sent the letter without my input, the other person would have understood you very, very well.
Penvro

Postby Hakim » Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Since English is this kind of largely spoken language, men and women discover it natural that non-local audio system carry their possess accessory into it. The factor is, Americans rarely study a overseas language sufficient to talk it they usually not ever fairly attempt to pronounce accurately. They simply take it as a right, the truth that all people must talk English. And then there is the historical stereotype approximately Americans being good... now not very smart.... Another rationale might be tremendous emmigration from in all places the sector toward the US and men and women coming again to thier local nation after a couple of years and having a daft accessory and pretending to have forgotten their possess language.
Hakim

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials