Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

I Am Looking For A Clinical Trial?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby Edur » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:15 pm

Please don't listen to the servants of evil for not telling you to stay away from any paid clinical trials.

Why would the hospitals pay you money, if they're positive there is no danger?

24 clinical trial deaths in the Netherlands!!

It's been revealed that at least 24 people have died after taking part in research into a new treatment for pancreatitis being run at major Dutch hospitals. The University Medical Centre in Utrecht, which spearheaded the trials, announced today that the patients died between 2004 and 2007 during the research. Tests were carried out on a total of 296 patients in 15 hospitals across the country.

It is quite common for patients to suffer adverse effects during clinical trials.

During a drug trial at a London hospital in March 2006, six healthy volunteers were injected with monoclonal antibodies. Within hours they became violently ill, suffering multiple organ failure and having to be admitted to intensive care.

A similar research project in the Czech Republic was halted in October 2007, when Dutch researchers raised doubts over the safety of the probiotics testing.

I am a scientist and I do many tests with new drugs, but always on myself or the animals only.

I wouldn't dare to subject another human to my experiments. (it is illegal anyway).
Edur

Postby Mano » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm

There are high paying ones out there but they are few and far between.
Robert Rodriguez financed his frist movie from them IIRC.

Truthseeker They know there is a danger, hence the "paid" and "trial" parts. Now we're "servants of evil"? This coming from someone who claims to be a scientist, a top secret military intelligence officer, and a member of a secret organization with information about everyone on earth?

You do realize you have lost any and all credibility right?
Mano

Postby Elishama » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 pm

None are highly paid I'm afraid.

It's very rare that anything goes wrong with these trials, given the tens of thousands carried out every year all over the world. Drug trials also make up a minority of them; many simply involve nutritional/behavioural trials etc.

Anyone who is deluded enough to think they conduct their own trials (on themself) should be ignored. The days of mad scientists conducting drug experiments in their own 'laboratory', shut off from the rest of the world, is long gone and only exists in children's cartoons!
Elishama

Postby Hansel » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:19 pm

Dear Patty,

There are many paid trials conducted around the globe but you need to know about your disease for which the trials are conducted or else your check out for healthy volunteer trials. Before you think of participating in trials just for money is not the write thought.

I would suggest you to visit the blog: http://freeclinicalresearchbook.blogspot.com

Read about History of clinical Research

http://freeclinicalresearchbook.blogspot.in/2014/01/the-history-of-clinical-research-by.html
Hansel

Postby masselin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Here is a video to understand how clinical trial works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFPYGNfDaeI

If you want to participate in clinical trials, download the Study Scavenger app to your mobile so you will be updated on clinical research depending on your needs. You can also browse those high paying studies here:
masselin

Postby Aeary » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

sorry, There's no such thing as a high paid clinical trial

Truthseeker, I can't understand why I would have to point this out to someone who claims to be a scientist but I can't get past your rhetorical question (Why would the hospitals pay you money, if they're positive there is no danger?) They aren't positive, everything that has an effect has the potential for side effects, that's one of the reasons they conduct clinical trials.
Aeary

Postby Geremia » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:23 pm

Clinical trials do often provide financial compensation, but you can't really "earn a living doing it"
Geremia

Postby ballard65 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm

http://clinicaltrials.gov/

I hate to tell you this, but the clinical trials that "pay" - tend to be very long....and considering the number of visits you have to make - its not all that much.....(One of the studies that I worked on, the participants were given 200 bucks if they completed all sixteen visits - that was considered a lot of loot for a study participant - it was for urinary incontinence if you are wondering)

Check without your local medical universities, and local hospitals - contact the department of medical education...

Good Luck
ballard65

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials