Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is Smoking Pot Really Wrong In Islam?

The latest news from Cancer Trials and Cancer Research around the world.

Postby caddock » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 pm

Salam brothers and sisters I've been doing a lot of research about this subject and I found that a lot of people believe that smoking marijuana is wrong because it is harmful to your body. People say that is causes cancer and other diseases, and for that reason it is haram.

Of course everyone is titled to their own opinion, but there is a difference between opinion and fact. Facts such as, marijuana does not kill! I've checked with a handful of sources ranging from genuine internet news websites to adults I know from my personal life. There are 0 deaths in the United States as a result of Pot abuse.

However, there are people who still think that marijuana is haram because it does harm your body to some extent, even though it does not kill you. Indeed pot harms your body and kills irreplaceable brain cells, but not anymore than playing physical contact sports such as Football, Hockey, Boxing, etc. Does that mean sports are haram too? What about fast food! As a nation we suffer from the highest amount of cardiovascular diseases in the world due to fast food but nobody comes out and says Mcdonalds is haram! Actually, fast food, which kills us every day, is promoted on television!

Bottom line is Allah wrote the Qu'ran as a source of guidance for us. He also gave us magnificent brains, brains far superior than any other creature's on his earth. Why would Allah give us such a powerful organ if his intent was not to allow us to use it to come to the conclusion that there really is nothing wrong with smoking a little bit of harmless weed?
caddock

Postby Ronnie » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:31 pm

First of all......apart from messing around with your head it takes you away from the rememberance of Allah swt entirely,and if you deny this then I tell YOU that YOU are not using YOUR brain

From the Quran

Satan?s plan is to sow hatred and enmity amongst you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hamper you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you not give up? (5:91)

Here in this verse the arabic word Khamar does not mean alcohol it means intoxiant,anything that takes your body or mindset away from its original state

2:219: "They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and THEIR SIN IS GREATER THAN THEIR PROFIT. And they ask you as to what they should spend.
Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder."

From the prophet saws

Narrated Jabir ibn Abdullah: "The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If a large amount of anything causes intoxication, a small amount of it is prohibited.
(Translation of Sunan Abu-Dawud, Drinks (Kitab Al-Ashribah), Book 26, Number 3673)"

It is a clear book and I made it clear to you so please use your brain and dont give into your desires so easily

Salaam

@Zak-1.Ciggarettes are not allowed

2.you know very well that kind of hard is not the same kind we're talking about,dont be irrational
Ronnie

Postby Zephyr » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 pm

anything that is bad for you is haram....why is alcohol haram? Bad for you. Why is pork haram? Bad for you. Why is pot haram? Bad for you. Understand now?

You want to smoke pot than we can't stop you. But that is between you and Allah and he will be the judge.
Zephyr

Postby Ysberin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm

It's not haraam because it harms the body so badly, it's haraam because it's an intoxicant. People get high on it. And as for being fobidden entirely like alcohol, I've heard many different things. I have a Muslim doctor who actually told me to get a medical marijuana card because I have such painful conditions that I'm bedridden some days. And before I was Muslim, I DID use it. Only enough for pain relief, but not so much I was high. I've been told by some scholars it's haraam even like that, and other scholars I've emailed have told me that it's ok if there's a legitimate medical use. The best thing I can tell you is to contact your imam and other scholars, research, and then make the judgement for yourself on whether you're willing to risk it or not.
Ysberin

Postby Deasach » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:34 pm

You said that islam doesnt allow you to hurt your self and causes pain to your body Well you should know that almost anything in the world causes you pain(sports,walking,etc) and hurt you besides I've seen many muslims smoke cigarretes so if cigarretes are allowed(im not saying they are)then smoking pot should be.
Deasach

Postby DevIyn » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Salam Really smoking pot is haram in Islam because based on health research in the long run it will ruin our own health
DevIyn

Postby Weifield » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:37 pm

You people are so dogmatic! Yeah I acknowledged that pot can be bad for you, I know that. However, it's only bad for you if you consume it in excessive amounts, just like everything. Think about it...

Too much Food will harm you

Too much Exercise will harm you

Too much Water will harm you

Too many Vegetables will harm you

Too much Love will harm you.....

...and sure enough too much pot will harm you.

And just like how all those things listed above will harm you if there's too much, they are harmless, when consumed in moderation. Actually, they are good for you. Just like pot and everything God has created.
Weifield

Postby Naaman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:38 pm

Yes very wrong.

Pot-drugs is for those people who are weak-minded, who need a buzz to enjoy life. Strong minded dignified People dont do drugs.

Stats show over 98% of people who smoke pot for over 3 months never ever marry and end up being rejected from family and Society. You might want to think about this!!!!..
Naaman

Postby Devry » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:40 pm

Yes, smoking is haraam and it breaks your fast.
Devry

Postby shane » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:41 pm

It is haram,, and u might not get lung cancer or die but,, my dad is 52 and my uncle 54,, they both lived the same environment ,, my dad quit smoking 21 years ago after i was born and my uncle quit 5 years ago,, my dad still play soccer(better than me) swim ,, lift weights ,, my uncle cant even take the stairs when going to the train station,, got high blood pressure.. although he is weight less than my dad(both 6.2) but smoking really hurts ur body,, and it takes the lungs at least 3-4 years until it could be 100% healthy.
shane

Next

Return to Cancer News and Clinical Trials