Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Blood In Urine

All discussions relating to bladder cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Blood In Urine

Postby Ollaneg » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi, my question is regarding my husband.  He is a 35yr old healthy man.  For the past few days he has been urinating cloudy and having alittle burning.  He went to the doctor and they tested his urine.  The test in the office showed no signs of white cells but alot of blood.  The blood is not visible to the naked eye.  She told him he did not have a bladder infection because there was no sign of white blood cells.  She is sending him for blood test and more urine test.  I am very scared because I read that this could be a sign of bladder cancer when there is no white cells showing.  My husband does have a history of Kidney stones.  He passed one about 4yrs ago and had a cat scan showing he has 5 more in his kidney.  He works out in construction in AZ and has a tendency of getting dehydrated.  My question is, can a kidney stone cause blood in the urine without any other symptoms.  He does complain of cramping sometimes in the kidney with the stones. Right now he has some flank pain, that is why he thought he had a UTI.  What are the chances this could be related to bladder cancer or any type of cancer?  I am very worried for him.  He has had his urine tested on several occasions before this, this last year and everything was fine.  He does have frequent urination but has always had a history of this and a family history of frequent urination.  Everywhere I look blood in the urine with the absence of whiteblood cells points to cancer.  CAn you please give me some information.  Thanks
Ollaneg

Blood In Urine

Postby maccallum50 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:15 am

35 years old IS a little young for bladder cancer but not impossible. However also kidney stones can give him blood in his urine in this way. So I think it is much more probable that his kidney stones are behind this problem than a cancer somewhere along the way from his bladder to his kidneys(cancers anywhere along this way can give this symptom). BUT probability is not enough, he should undergo cystoscopy and X-ray investigations etc. in order to rule out a cancer anywhere along the way I have described. Good luck!
maccallum50

Blood In Urine

Postby Ioan » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:02 am

Hi, my question is regarding my husband.  He is a 35yr old healthy man.  For the past few days he has been urinating cloudy and having alittle burning.  He went to the doctor and they tested his urine.  The test in the office showed no signs of white cells but alot of blood.  The blood is not visible to the naked eye.  She told him he did not have a bladder infection because there was no sign of white blood cells.  She is sending him for blood test and more urine test.  I am very scared because I read that this could be a sign of bladder cancer when there is no white cells showing.  My husband does have a history of Kidney stones.  He passed one about 4yrs ago and had a cat scan showing he has 5 more in his kidney.  He works out in construction in AZ and has a tendency of getting dehydrated.  My question is, can a kidney stone cause blood in the urine without any other symptoms.  He does complain of cramping sometimes in the kidney with the stones. Right now he has some flank pain, that is why he thought he had a UTI.  What are the chances this could be related to bladder cancer or any type of cancer?  I am very worried for him.  He has had his urine tested on several occasions before this, this last year and everything was fine.  He does have frequent urination but has always had a history of this and a family history of frequent urination.  Everywhere I look blood in the urine with the absence of whiteblood cells points to cancer.  CAn you please give me some information.  Thanks
Ioan

Return to Bladder Cancer