Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bone Cancer?

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Bone Cancer?

Postby Esteban » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:38 am

Dear Dr.Nordquist,    I consulted an Orthopedist for pain in my left lower leg. The pain seem to originate from the bone and is not very intense. Also there is no pain on my right leg. The pain does not seem to relate to any physical activity. I could feel it more during night. The doctor had written for a Blood Test and  here are the results :

Haemoglobin        14.8 gm%

WBC Total Count    5400 cumm

Polymorphs         59 %

Lymphocytes        34 %

Eosinophils        5 %

Monocytes          2 %

Basophiles         Nil

Bands          Nil

ESR          8 mm/hr

Absolute Eosinophil Count   275/cumm    The doctor told that the blood test result is normal and that no further investigation is required unless the symptoms worsen over time.   Considering my symptoms, are the blood test results sufficient to rule out Bone Cancer on my left leg? Is any further investigation required? If yes what are they? Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Mohamed

ANSWER: No, indeed not at all! At least an x-ray examination should be done too. Maybe also an MRI scan and an isotope bone scan(even a PET scan perhaps).

Seek another orthopedist!

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Dear Dr.Nordquist,   Thank you very much for your answer. I would like to get clarified on a few more things.   The symptoms I face really worries me a lot. Whats the likeliness that these symptoms could be because of cancer. What test done will confirm or rule out the possibility of cancer(atleast best possibly)? Given that the pain is not so intense(but it is very much there though not always..I could feel it only sometime in a day), should I go for a thorough investigation including MRI & PET?     Appreciate your answer.

Regards,

Mohamed
Esteban

Bone Cancer?

Postby Tucker » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:32 am

The risk is not big since such tumors are rare but in order to be more sure at least an X-ray examination should be done, maybe also those other things mentioned. An X-ray examination & an MRI scan would probably cover most of the possibilities. Good luck!

I'm sorry to bother you with an appeal for help. I know that it is exactly the opposite of

what you expect from a volunteer at AllExperts. But I really have nowhere else to turn,

except to the people whom I have helped in the past. Nevertheless, I will certainly

understand if you are unable to respond positively, and I sincerely hope that you will think

no less of me for asking. Due to a stroke that I suffered nearly six years ago, my ability to work has been severely

limited. Now, because of a diagnosis of cancer, I will be unable to work at all for the next

several months. That will deplete what little savings I have left and leave me with debts

that I cannot sustain. Herb Cooper, one of my American friends, has posted an appeal on

AllExperts that explains the situation in more detail. You can read it at the following link,

which you may have to copy into your browser:http://en.allexperts.com/q/Pharmacy-1407/2008/7/Cancer-doc-cancer.htm

I am conducting this appeal entirely through AllExperts, in order to forestall suspicions of

a scam. However, if you have any doubts or questions, you are most welcome to contact

me through AllExperts, as you did before. Any help to me should be entirely voluntary!

Thank you for your kind attention and for any help that you may give to me.

Best regards,

Claes-Gustaf Nordquist, M.D.

Any help should be sent to my PayPal account e-mail address: [email protected]
Tucker

Bone Cancer?

Postby sherbourn » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:22 am

Dear Dr.Nordquist,    I consulted an Orthopedist for pain in my left lower leg. The pain seem to originate from the bone and is not very intense. Also there is no pain on my right leg. The pain does not seem to relate to any physical activity. I could feel it more during night. The doctor had written for a Blood Test and  here are the results :

Haemoglobin        14.8 gm%

WBC Total Count    5400 cumm

Polymorphs         59 %

Lymphocytes        34 %

Eosinophils        5 %

Monocytes          2 %

Basophiles         Nil

Bands          Nil

ESR          8 mm/hr

Absolute Eosinophil Count   275/cumm    The doctor told that the blood test result is normal and that no further investigation is required unless the symptoms worsen over time.   Considering my symptoms, are the blood test results sufficient to rule out Bone Cancer on my left leg? Is any further investigation required? If yes what are they? Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Mohamed

ANSWER: No, indeed not at all! At least an x-ray examination should be done too. Maybe also an MRI scan and an isotope bone scan(even a PET scan perhaps).

Seek another orthopedist!

---------- FOLLOW-UP ----------

Dear Dr.Nordquist,   Thank you very much for your answer. I would like to get clarified on a few more things.   The symptoms I face really worries me a lot. Whats the likeliness that these symptoms could be because of cancer. What test done will confirm or rule out the possibility of cancer(atleast best possibly)? Given that the pain is not so intense(but it is very much there though not always..I could feel it only sometime in a day), should I go for a thorough investigation including MRI & PET?     Appreciate your answer.

Regards,

Mohamed
sherbourn

Return to Bone Cancer