Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Bone Cancer ... Life Expectancy

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Postby Anluan » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:38 am

My mom was diagnosed with bone cancer. Her pelvic is broken because of it and is starting chemotherapy and radiation in a few days.  She has cancer on both hips and tail bone. Also, after radiation and chemotherapy for lung cancer, the lung tap showed cancer cells.  She is in stage IV.  What is her life expectancy with chemotherapy and radiation or without?
Anluan

Postby Devereau » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:11 pm

My mom was diagnosed with bone cancer. Her pelvic is broken because of it and is starting chemotherapy and radiation in a few days.  She has cancer on both hips and tail bone. Also, after radiation and chemotherapy for lung cancer, the lung tap showed cancer cells.  She is in stage IV.  What is her life expectancy with chemotherapy and radiation or without?
Devereau

Postby Curro » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:50 am

So she has a lung cancer that has spread to her pleurae(lung sacs) and to some of her bones making her case a stage 4 lung cancer case. She will need both radiation therapy and chemo therapy, mainly in order to make her life less miserable. So there is actually no option of evaluating her situation without those therapies. It is very difficult to predict survival time, impossible to do it with any great accuracy. However I doubt very much that it will be longer than a year from now, probably much shorter. I'm sorry I have nothing better to tell you.
Curro

Return to Bone Cancer