Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Possible Shadow On X Ray

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Possible Shadow On X Ray

Postby Donnally » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Hello

Last Wednesday I had two teeth extracted.  My dentist said she thought she saw a faint shadow on my x rays from last visit(I'd had a check up the previous week).  She said it could just be plaque build up, and she'd be able to get a better look after my hygiene visit in a couple of weeks.  She'd told me that the top of the tooth looked ok, and she couldn't see anything in my mouth.  She told me the oral cancer screen was nice and healthy at the check up, but I'm still really worried it's cancer.
Donnally

Possible Shadow On X Ray

Postby Seabert » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:27 pm

lynn,

where is the shadow? is in a tooth? that could be a start of a cavity or a small cavity. is it in bone area? that could be a possible root canal or some sort of cyst. you need to have your dentist sit down and show you this area and explain it all in detail. i do not think it has anything to do with cancer. oral cancer is usually something in soft tissue and it is seen clinically...not anything on an xray. and your dentist did tell you that your oral cancer screening looked fine. put your mind at ease and call your dentist and get a definitive answer now. good luck,

jeff dalin, dds
Seabert

Possible Shadow On X Ray

Postby Westcot » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello

Last Wednesday I had two teeth extracted.  My dentist said she thought she saw a faint shadow on my x rays from last visit(I'd had a check up the previous week).  She said it could just be plaque build up, and she'd be able to get a better look after my hygiene visit in a couple of weeks.  She'd told me that the top of the tooth looked ok, and she couldn't see anything in my mouth.  She told me the oral cancer screen was nice and healthy at the check up, but I'm still really worried it's cancer.
Westcot

Return to Bone Cancer