Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is This Bone Cancer?

Discussions relating to bone cancer symptoms, diagnosis, treatment and prognosis

Is This Bone Cancer?

Postby merton » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:40 am

Around march 14 I noticed a pain in both of my legs but only when I touch it. I can kick something incredible hard, stomp, or run really fast without any pain at all, but if I touch it it's somewhat painful. It's in both of my legs, it's not the entire leg it's both in the same spot though. It's odd though, both of my legs have the same problem only the right one is very swollen. It's been swollen for quite some time I'm not sure how long the swelling has been there but I know the pain has been there since March 14th. The pain was so horrible on march 14 that I couldn't sit indian style because it hurt to touch it, but now it doesn't hurt that much at all it's tolerable but I'm just worried because it's still here and there's some weird swelling. Plus it's April 4th now and it happened around march 14th. I didn't do anything to hurt my legs either, it's really weird.
Is this cancer? If so, why is one leg swollen like an egg in one area and the other isn't swollen just has pain?
merton

Is This Bone Cancer?

Postby Trenten » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:41 am

Around march 14 I noticed a pain in both of my legs but only when I touch it. I can kick something incredible hard, stomp, or run really fast without any pain at all, but if I touch it it's somewhat painful. It's in both of my legs, it's not the entire leg it's both in the same spot though. It's odd though, both of my legs have the same problem only the right one is very swollen. It's been swollen for quite some time I'm not sure how long the swelling has been there but I know the pain has been there since March 14th. The pain was so horrible on march 14 that I couldn't sit indian style because it hurt to touch it, but now it doesn't hurt that much at all it's tolerable but I'm just worried because it's still here and there's some weird swelling. Plus it's April 4th now and it happened around march 14th. I didn't do anything to hurt my legs either, it's really weird.
Is this cancer? If so, why is one leg swollen like an egg in one area and the other isn't swollen just has pain?
Trenten

Is This Bone Cancer?

Postby Bailey » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:42 am

No one can know if this is related to bone cancer but it is a wake up call to go to the Dr and get evaluated. If you had a bone tumor then the pain would be similar to what you describe with the pain coming and going and gradually growing worse. In any case, with potential bone cancer you do not want to wait around as this can be quite deadly if allowed to spread. Even if the tumor is contained locally, early treatment can be the difference between a bone graft and normal function afterward vs having serious stability problems or even an amputation.

It's probably not bone cancer but bone cancer all too often strikes young adults so make an appointment soon and get this evaluated. Your family Dr can be a good starting point unless you already have an orthopedist. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topi...

good luck
Bailey

Is This Bone Cancer?

Postby Yaphet » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:43 am

my mom has stage 4 lung cancer (non-smoker) and it matasticized (sp?) to her bones.
she had pain in her legs, like you described, and it wouldn't go away.
the dr ran blood tests, an X-ray and a bone scan, and they found the tumors in her lungs, and the cancer in her bones.

as for the swelling, my mom's been going thru chemo, and started getting some REALLY bad swelling in her legs & feet.
turns out she not only has cellulitis, but GOUT!

i would say go see your dr asap! get it checked out early.

hopefully it's nothing serious...but still see your dr!
Yaphet

Is This Bone Cancer?

Postby Audwine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:44 am

Go see your medical doctor and describe the symtoms that you told us...There is something blocking the fluid..You will need to find out what it is..The doctor can take an x-ray and find out!!! good luck!!!
Audwine

Return to Bone Cancer