Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Dad Suffering From Liver Ca

Liver Cancer research, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby Bradan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:30 pm

Well, my dad has been fighting HCC(primary liver cancer) for coming on 2 years now, I know we are approaching the end. He is very weak, stiff, abdomen extremely distended, just got out of hospital due to pneumonia and sepsis, kidneys are not functioning well anymore, he wanted to come home from hospital so dr allowed him to, his extremities are cold and pale dusky. My question is how long can we expect this process to take, I know there's no date that can be given or time frame, but if kidneys aren't functioning, how much longer should it be? I'm just not wanting him to suffer anymore.
Bradan

Postby chitto » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:51 am

Well, my dad has been fighting HCC(primary liver cancer) for coming on 2 years now, I know we are approaching the end. He is very weak, stiff, abdomen extremely distended, just got out of hospital due to pneumonia and sepsis, kidneys are not functioning well anymore, he wanted to come home from hospital so dr allowed him to, his extremities are cold and pale dusky. My question is how long can we expect this process to take, I know there's no date that can be given or time frame, but if kidneys aren't functioning, how much longer should it be? I'm just not wanting him to suffer anymore.
chitto

Postby Winter » Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:40 am

Hello Michelle,

I am so sorry to read about your Father's condition.  I would think he will slip away within a few days.  If his feet are already cool and dusky, it sounds like his body is shutting down now and the end is near, perhaps with 48-72 hours.

My thoughts are with you,

Margot
Winter

Return to Liver Cancer