Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Pain Under Right Rib Cage

Liver Cancer research, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Postby MacBeth » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:12 am

For the past six weeks I have suffered with pain under my right rib cage.  Within the past two weeks I have had a liver ultrasound, an abdominal CT scan, an endoscopy, a colonoscopy, multiple blood studies, and numerous doctor visits.  None of my work-ups have revealed a cause for this constant pain and discomfort.  The area is tender to touch and feels full and sometimes numb.  The pain radiates around my side and up through my right shoulder blade.  I also have CKD, and my nephrologist noted that my liver enzymes were elevated in April 2011 at that visit.  Then, I started to have constant pain in mid-May.  My other diagnostic tests have resulted from a follow-up visit with my family doctor to recheck the liver enzymes.  This is really wearing me down as my normal routine has become greatly affected by this pain and discomfort exacerbated through movement and certain body positions.  My dad had thymoma cancer in 1979 and received radiation.  I worry about having the same type of cancer, but nothing is showing up on my tests.  I would appreciate any advice available about my next options and what type of medical professional I should next consult about this pain.
MacBeth

Postby Rainer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:55 am

For the past six weeks I have suffered with pain under my right rib cage.  Within the past two weeks I have had a liver ultrasound, an abdominal CT scan, an endoscopy, a colonoscopy, multiple blood studies, and numerous doctor visits.  None of my work-ups have revealed a cause for this constant pain and discomfort.  The area is tender to touch and feels full and sometimes numb.  The pain radiates around my side and up through my right shoulder blade.  I also have CKD, and my nephrologist noted that my liver enzymes were elevated in April 2011 at that visit.  Then, I started to have constant pain in mid-May.  My other diagnostic tests have resulted from a follow-up visit with my family doctor to recheck the liver enzymes.  This is really wearing me down as my normal routine has become greatly affected by this pain and discomfort exacerbated through movement and certain body positions.  My dad had thymoma cancer in 1979 and received radiation.  I worry about having the same type of cancer, but nothing is showing up on my tests.  I would appreciate any advice available about my next options and what type of medical professional I should next consult about this pain.
Rainer

Postby Lennon » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:44 am

How are your liver enzymes now? What other liver tests have been done? Hepatitis tests? Results? In view of all the negative tests you have had and that your symptoms hardly are associated with a suspected cancer condition I think that a cancer cause is very unlikely. Your description of your symptoms seems to indicate that your problem probably is more associated with your musculo-skeletal system than with any cancer. More than that I can not say without an examination.

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH

There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!
Lennon

Return to Liver Cancer