Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Kidney And Uti

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Kidney And Uti

Postby Gherardo » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:28 pm

I am a 35 year old man who is healthy with one kidney(from birth). I had a uti 6 months ago with gross heamturia, took cipro and urinalysis and cystoscopy and cytology clear. Had a dilation at meatus due to stricture to allow cystoscopy. Since then have had split stream which is getting better. I have continued to see clear dot particles, I think it is mucus, in urine, had them prior to uti but have many more since UTI than before uti although number since UTI has decreased some. Most often occurs with more dehydration but also with plenty of fluid. Had urinalysis last week and urine was fine but culture showed staph at 30,000.  (CT w/o contrast was ok for stone study 6 months ago).  

I fear the repeat uti now could be a form of kidney problems or ureter problems or cancer.  I fear the mucus is from the kidney or ureter. I have split stream for 6 months since dilation at meatus and think sticture caused that,ould it have caused it?  Finally have some twinges on left side where kiney is bit in front and side not on back?  Is this a kidney/ureter problem or cancer?  Also took bacgrim before no problems now prescribed bactrim for uti and have hives, sounds like I devel allergy, isi it related to kidney?  Finally, had cbc tow months ago and was fine but was  under stress and still had mucus in urine but wbc was 19000 and neutrophils were 13.5, does that sound kiney related?  There urinalysis were fine just culture showed 30,000 staph.
Gherardo

Kidney And Uti

Postby Oates » Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:56 am

I am a 35 year old man who is healthy with one kidney(from birth). I had a uti 6 months ago with gross heamturia, took cipro and urinalysis and cystoscopy and cytology clear. Had a dilation at meatus due to stricture to allow cystoscopy. Since then have had split stream which is getting better. I have continued to see clear dot particles, I think it is mucus, in urine, had them prior to uti but have many more since UTI than before uti although number since UTI has decreased some. Most often occurs with more dehydration but also with plenty of fluid. Had urinalysis last week and urine was fine but culture showed staph at 30,000.  (CT w/o contrast was ok for stone study 6 months ago).  

I fear the repeat uti now could be a form of kidney problems or ureter problems or cancer.  I fear the mucus is from the kidney or ureter. I have split stream for 6 months since dilation at meatus and think sticture caused that,ould it have caused it?  Finally have some twinges on left side where kiney is bit in front and side not on back?  Is this a kidney/ureter problem or cancer?  Also took bacgrim before no problems now prescribed bactrim for uti and have hives, sounds like I devel allergy, isi it related to kidney?  Finally, had cbc tow months ago and was fine but was  under stress and still had mucus in urine but wbc was 19000 and neutrophils were 13.5, does that sound kiney related?  There urinalysis were fine just culture showed 30,000 staph.
Oates

Kidney And Uti

Postby Berny » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:36 am

Recurrent UTI are common after urinary instrumentation however tend to go away over time. Since you had a negative CT for stone 6 months ago the recurrence of stone in such a short time is less likely. The appearance of mucus is from the urinary tract as is is still healing. Patients can develop allergies to antibiotics over time and you will need different antibiotic in the future.

Cancer is not likely in a  year old. You had negative CT, cystoscopy, cytology so I would'nt worry about the cancer. Cancer takes years to develop not months.

I would like to know what kind of staph infection you had. There are a few species some of them like staph epidermidis or coagulase negative staph are normal skin flora and rarely are pathogenic. The urine culture will also tell you which antibiotic this organism is sensitive to.

Kidney problems can be detected by simple blood test called creatinine and I would recommed getting a renal panel which is a basic lab test if this has not been done in the past.

In summary I think you have urine infection which needs to be treated for at least 7 days with an antibiotic to which the staph you have is sensitive.  
Berny

Return to Kidney Cancer