American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Dream About Tumor

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Dream About Tumor

Postby Dolan » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:24 am

Dear Peregrin,

Today I had a dream that my lower back was hurting on the right side, and at some point wehn I touched it, I felt a thick almost bony(that is how it felt) growth(time tumor) on the back around the upper pelvis area.  In my dream my mother was concerned and said that it coudl be fatal(perhapms alluding to cancer).

Some prehistory of my dream.  I have had a lyumphoedema(dysfunction of the lymph nodes which leads to swelling) on my left leg for 7 years, and this winter my right leg started swelling on and off.  I heard about acupuncture treatment, I did this treatment.  In this treatment thick needles were put into my lower bakc and current was send down them.  My bakc was hurting for some tiem after it, and there was no effect on the swelling of the legs.  Yesterday my right leg gota bit worse, and so I was concerned about it, and this probably had some influence on my dream.  I really want to find a treatment for my condition, perhaps alternative, because regular mediicne does not have a way to deal with it.  so I wonder whether this dream had a hidden message to it, message for me to decipher and follow?

thank you for your time and help.
Dolan

Dream About Tumor

Postby Caddaric » Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:53 pm

Good morning, Ella.

Any time something is on your mind, you can dream about it.  In your case, physical problems are in the forefront of your thoughts, so they are likely to invade your dreams as well - but this doesn't always mean that they represent physical problem in your waking life.

Your dream starts with back pain, which you didn't mention in connection with your edema.  The area you mention sounds like it's near the kidney.  As you are probably aware, kidneys filter poisons from the blood.  A pain, or cancer, in this area could then allude to feeling poisoned.  When your mother(in the dream, a mother is a fairly universal symbol for someone who can be trusted and places your well-being first) tells you it could be fatal, this emphasizes the serious nature of the problem.  

A person can feel poisoned for a number of reasons.  A betrayal can do it, as can depression.  We cannot overlook the possibility that this could refer to your real physical problems, as you suspect - edema of any type, the retention of fluids where they don't belong, can lead to serious infection - a type of poisoning.

If we are to draw any medical advice from this dream, I would say that the message is to treat the problem as life-threatening, and seek help as if that were the case.  Which doesn't seem to tell you much, as you've already investigated normal channels and are beginning to work on alternative methods.  

I have read that vitamin B can help with edema.  My wife tried this, and it did indeed seem to provide some temporary relief, but the dosage required for it to work kept climbing to the point that she though it might be dangerous to take so much.  Now, though she continues the supplements(at a lower dose), they don't seem to help anymore.

I do wish you the best of success in this.  Pleasant dreams.

Peregrin
Caddaric

Dream About Tumor

Postby eadwyn » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:41 pm

Dear Peregrin,

Today I had a dream that my lower back was hurting on the right side, and at some point wehn I touched it, I felt a thick almost bony(that is how it felt) growth(time tumor) on the back around the upper pelvis area.  In my dream my mother was concerned and said that it coudl be fatal(perhapms alluding to cancer).

Some prehistory of my dream.  I have had a lyumphoedema(dysfunction of the lymph nodes which leads to swelling) on my left leg for 7 years, and this winter my right leg started swelling on and off.  I heard about acupuncture treatment, I did this treatment.  In this treatment thick needles were put into my lower bakc and current was send down them.  My bakc was hurting for some tiem after it, and there was no effect on the swelling of the legs.  Yesterday my right leg gota bit worse, and so I was concerned about it, and this probably had some influence on my dream.  I really want to find a treatment for my condition, perhaps alternative, because regular mediicne does not have a way to deal with it.  so I wonder whether this dream had a hidden message to it, message for me to decipher and follow?

thank you for your time and help.
eadwyn

Return to Kidney Cancer