Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Kidney Stone

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Kidney Stone

Postby montae » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:44 pm

After more than 20 years without one, I had an attack this evening. I didn't even recognize the symptoms as a kidney stone until I started looking them up. But it is all coming back to me now.

The difference between this one and my last stone 20+ years ago is that one was located in the front right of my torso. This is in the back left by my kidney. I don't know what, if any, the ramifications of this are. I also don't know how treatments may have progressed since then. I passed that one. It was excruciating at times, but I did it. I would rather not repeat that if possible.

Thanx, Dan
montae

Kidney Stone

Postby abhibhava14 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:54 pm

Dan:

First, this may or not be a stone. Not even an expert can tell just from symptoms. An aortic aneurysm can simulate a stone in some cases.

You need to have it checked by a physician. Most stones hurt, but can pass. Recurrences are common. Treatment now is primarily alpha blocker meds to facilitate passage, ureteroscopy to remove the stone, lasers to break them up and Lithotripsy to fragment them. All depends on their size and radiographic appearance. Finally, 24 hour urine testing is available for prevention analysis if you wish.

Talk to your physician for individual advice.
abhibhava14

Return to Kidney Cancer