Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Kidney Cancer Advice Please?

Kidney Cancer Discussions

Postby Lazar » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:06 pm

Well it's not official. Let me tell you the story. I had some back pain so I got an MRI well we found out what was wrong with my back, and also a large white lump on my kidney. (this is on the MRI) I got blood tests, and on March 5th I am going to Duluth (2 hours away) to find out weather there is also arthritis in my back, and to see what the radioligist said about the white mass on my kidney. My doctor thought it was a cyst or a tumor.... Tumors can be cancerouse and it was quit large. I'm a thirteen year old girl and I am looking for any advice... Weather you've had a cyst or a tumor i just need to know there is someone else!
Lazar

Postby Garth » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:24 pm

I have kidney cancer and my main symptoms were back pain and exhaustion.
Many people get blood in their urine, but that didn't happen to me.
Personally,I think it would be extremely rare for you to have kidney cancer.
It's mainly thought to be an old man's disease.
Having said that, people of both sexes get kidney cancer from middle age - it's just most common in men over 60.
There is a special type of kidney tumour that children can get, but at 13 you are a bit old for childhood cancer.
I guess the best thing you can do is have all the tests but relax a little knowing that it's highly unlikely to be cancerous at your age.
Whatever it is, it's a good thing they found it before it gave you any real complications.
Good luck xx
Garth

Postby bink44 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:40 pm

I've had plenty of cysts on my ovaries.
Does cancer run in your family? My grandpa had kidney cancer and he had his kidney removed and lived a healthy life after that.
Good luck sweetie!
bink44

Postby achiyahu37 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:51 pm

achiyahu37

Postby Kye » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Well it's not official. Let me tell you the story. I had some back pain so I got an MRI well we found out what was wrong with my back, and also a large white lump on my kidney. (this is on the MRI) I got blood tests, and on March 5th I am going to Duluth (2 hours away) to find out weather there is also arthritis in my back, and to see what the radioligist said about the white mass on my kidney. My doctor thought it was a cyst or a tumor.... Tumors can be cancerouse and it was quit large. I'm a thirteen year old girl and I am looking for any advice... Weather you've had a cyst or a tumor i just need to know there is someone else!
Kye

Return to Kidney Cancer