Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

What's The New Procedure Announced Earlier This Yr. Called To Accompany Or Replace The "pap Smear"??

Cervical Cancer research and treatment discussions

What's The New Procedure Announced Earlier This Yr. Called To Accompany Or Replace The "pap Smear"??

Postby Owen » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:54 pm

There was a report earlier this year from either cbs/nbc news that reported an EASIER pain-free test that accompany/replaces the usual pap-smear by having your blood drawn to screen for cervical cancer(anyone remember that news report?) ANYONE remember what the procedure is called? Anyone know IF the new procedure is already being used? Any women had this done already? If so how quick did you get the results? Just wanted to know if the procedure is being done beyond Northwestern Memorial Hospital?
Owen

Postby Uriah » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:56 pm

Um i think a doc swiping a lil swab in me to scrape off a few cells is a lot less painful than having blood drawn.
Geez, just one more blood test I've got to look forward to now that I'm pregnant! Thanks!
Uriah

Postby Cory » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm

I never once had a pap smear that was more painful than getting blood drawn, so I don't see how it could be less painful.
Cory

Postby girvyn » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:58 pm

I really dont know I haven herd anything about that.
girvyn

Postby Burnette » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:02 pm

There was a report earlier this year from either cbs/nbc news that reported an EASIER pain-free test that accompany/replaces the usual pap-smear by having your blood drawn to screen for cervical cancer(anyone remember that news report?) ANYONE remember what the procedure is called? Anyone know IF the new procedure is already being used? Any women had this done already? If so how quick did you get the results? Just wanted to know if the procedure is being done beyond Northwestern Memorial Hospital?
Burnette

Postby lamar23 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:05 pm

I hope that's not true,I can't stop blood or needles!
lamar23

Return to Cervical Cancer