Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Blood/clear Mucous In Stool? Please Help.?

Discuss Colorectal cancers

Postby Ar-ke-kee-tah » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Last night I was plagued with terrible cramping, leading to a normal bowel movement, then to a significant amount diarrhea.
All night I had nagging cramps and woke up gassy.
I finally passed a small amount of looser stool and I noticed blood in it.
I put on kitchen gloves and examined it (GROSS, sorry) and realized there was a clear/cloudy mucous and a bit of blood mixed in with it.
I'm concerned as I've just read a WebMD article where a 27 year old woman had a similar problem, spanning over 6months, and it turned out to be colon cancer.
This is the first time anything like this has happened to me, I usually don't have any gastrointestinal issues.
I'm a few days away from my menstrual cycle and I usually don't get cramps before hand but that's what these cramps feel like.
There is no pain/itching near or around my rectum, no soreness whatsoever.
I'm a healthy, 23 year old female.
What could this be? Those are my only symptoms.
Please and thank you.
Ar-ke-kee-tah

Postby Orsino » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:26 pm

You need to go to the doctor. it could be irritable bowel syndrome or colitis or crohns disease. Whatever it is you need it investigated now. TOMORROW love.
Orsino

Postby Elmo » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:32 pm

each so often there's a lil blood in the stool from them pushing so annoying. is it a sturdy stool? if so it ought to have particularly harm there little hollow. to no longer sound gross. im sorry. i know that it got here approximately to my son. he become constipated for 2 days & whilst he finally went there become blood. i found from that, that if he didnt pass at his "widely used" time, to feed him some thing that could help him pass. like the previous person stated, refer to the nurse to ascertain. you are able to never be to careful w ur youngsters. . yet in addition do no longer panic. exceptionally in the adventure that your toddler seems in any different case ok. stable success with each thing.
Elmo

Postby Arland » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 pm

Something you had eaten may have had a sharp edge to it which could have caused an abrasion inside your colon. Your colon will surround a sharp object with mucus as a protective measure to prevent further injury to your colon. I would suggest eating fairly simple for a day or two, rice, leafy greens and let your colon rest. If you continue to have a problem with bleeding then go for an exam.
Arland

Postby Hernan » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Clear Mucus Bowel Movement
Hernan

Postby berakhiah » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:43 pm

That could be caused by a number of things, have you been taking any pain medication that could have irritated your stomach? Many of them will cause small amounts of blood to show up in a stool.
Best advice I can offer is for you to see a doctor if this continues.
berakhiah

Postby Medwin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:49 pm

it could be pregnancy
Medwin

Postby Lafayette » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Anything that has blood in your stool means something is wrong with you. You might seem that your healthy but something can be wrong, but the cramping that you had could be a sign that by next week your period will arrive, because a little discharge that looks like mucous is also a sign that your period is coming. I say next week, because mine is like that. If you continue to see blood in your stool then, I advice you to go make an appointment to your doctor because that can be very serious, if not treated early.
Lafayette

Return to Colon Cancer