Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Really Sore And Swollen Thyroid On Right Side?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby birkie29 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:20 pm

So this is a little freaky. I've been feeling a little bit of pain in my neck in the thyroid region on the right side of the Adam's apple. Being the hypochondriac that I am, I kept checking to feel if the thyroid cartilage was symmetrical. First of all, should one even be able to feel their thyroid cartilage? Anyway, so all throughout yesterday and the day before, I'm been kind of messing with it. Well, last night I noticed that there's a little pressure point on one spot (on the superior horn on the right side). Also I discovered that if I put a little pressure on the right side of the thyroid cartilage, it would kind of "pop" out of place and go right back...this does NOT seem normal. I've had a lot of pain in that area. There seems to be a squishy lump on that side...could it be because I've been playing with it or could it be something worse like cancer? I'm so freaking worried about this. I can still sing, eat, drink, talk (with a little hoarseness but not too bad). I've got a trip planned in three days to Idaho to meet my extended family...I've got really bad anxiety and every day I wonder if I will wake up the next morning because I'm so afraid of dying, so will I even make it to Thursday? It's Monday now. I'm 21 years old and ? male.
birkie29

Postby Blanford » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:25 pm

the thyroid can swell do to lack of iodine and trace minerals.
if that is the case you need to get some iodine supplements, take vitamins, eat greens, get off fried food, sugar, wheat.
Blanford

Return to Thyroid Cancer