Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Whats Wrong With Me, Am I Ok?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby Eston » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:51 am

Well I am 18 years old I graduated high school in may, and since then i have noticed that i havent been feeling like myself. Im always thinking about my health Im always thinking that im gonna get some type of severe mental disorder and never have control of my life again, I havent done anything with my life since ive graduated all i do is sit at home and watch tv, use the computer, eat alot, and play video games. I dont have a car, a liscense, i never even had a girlfriend, and i barely have any friends. These are some of the disease ive thought ive had, schizophrenia, parkinsons, multiple sclerosis, thyroid cancer, diabetes, menigitis, bipolar disorder, and basically every single other one you can think of. It seems like if i think about certain symptoms like lossing feeling in certain parts of my bodies or even hearing voices, I beleive i have a severe disease. Latley i have this thought that im hearing voices, when really ive just been having random thoughts popping into my head, I pay attention to everything i do just to make sure im not messing up, and if i do mess up I feel like its a symptom of something terrible. There is so much more i could tell you but I dont want to waste your time, I just want to tell somebody everything that i feel and think. I feel like im going to go crazy and i also feal like a freak sometimes. I really just want somebody to listen to me. Oh and i think way too much.
Eston

Postby Branwel » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 am

"paranoia will destroy ya! Thinking about life is good to some extent, but don''t get carried away of constantly having to analyze everything. Don't tell yourself that you're sick; there have been people who always think they are sick (but they aren't) and all it gives you is more accumulated stress! go for a 1-hour run each day to relax yourself and listen to uplifting music, rather than relying on the bad.
Branwel

Postby collis97 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:57 am

Sounds exactly like me. Almost all of those diseases that you listed are things I was afraid I thought I had.

So anyways, that makes it all the easier. You have anxiety, it's considered a mental illness but let me tell you EVERYBODY has anxiety now and then. I have had all of the symptoms you've mentioned as well. Go speak with a counselor they can help you get over this fast. What you really need to realize is that yeah it's hard and YOU WILL think that you're going crazy but you are actually quite lucky. You;ve found your trigger and now all you have to do is tell yourself that NO you do not have any of these diseases and that you've been in perfectly good health up until now.. It worked for me and now I no longer worry about dying! :o Oh just throwing it out there that I also graduated high school this last june. The anxiety is probably from all of the stresses from going to college.

Check out this site, look at the symptom list, and notice the similarities :) good luck man.
http://www.anxietycentre.com/anxiety-sym...
collis97

Postby Bevon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:09 am

You know what sucks about being a young adult for me? I never thought, that I thought, that I was invincible. Yet until I was 17 or 18, mortality didn't seem very important in a way. I just didn't have a full grasp on it or something, so transitioning from that basically naive state of mind was difficult for me and I became a hypochondriac I think.

I'm not perfect now, but speaking to a counselor actually helped, maybe it would help you? (I'm no doctor though so I could be completely off base).
Bevon

Return to Thyroid Cancer