Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Is It True That Thyroid Problems Can Cause A Miscarriage?

Learn about Thyroid Cancer

Postby morio20 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:25 pm

I had two m/c (d&c's at 13 wks & 10 wks) and another possible m/c before I had my son.
I have a history of thyroid diseases in my family (and just had my thyroid removed due to cancer -oldest is 7).
That is def. the first thing I would have checked.
But in reading all the grief books and looking at the statistics , it is just as likely to have two m/c's as it is to have one.
Unfortunately, they don't get concerned until you have three.
If you do get pregnant and take a baby to term, use the m/c as an "excuse" to get AS MANY ULTRASOUNDS AS POSSIBLE.
That's what I did and it was very reassuring.

You don't say what thyroid problems you have, but your thyroid is one of the most important glands in your body (anybody see the one of the recent episodes of "House"?) It regulates so many systems.
I hope everything works out well for you.
I've been there.

PS - They did give me progesterone pills for my first trimester with my son-I'm sure it was placebo, my first m/c was at 13 weeks-1st week of 2nd trimester, but maybe it did something??? My second son I didn't have any problems with.

Again-good luck
morio20

Postby kegan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:28 pm

Your blaming your self now, which isn't helthy on your psychological well being, I in basic terms did a speedy google seek for for the 4th reason and that i've got only desperate that it ought to easily reason preterm labour, now not a misscarriage. the quite a few 3 motives do not seem motives sufficient for somewhat one to miscarry. respiratory in fake tan fumes rather ought to now not reason a miscarriage nor have I heard of bleach being a reason the two, I bleach the washing room oftentimes going on and endured to accomplish that for the dimensions of my being pregnant. I want you stumble on some alleviation in the recommendations appropriate right here to delivery on from what exceeded off.
kegan

Postby Najam » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:44 pm

I think these links may help answer your question...http://www.cumc.columbia.edu/dept/thyroid/pregnant.html

http://www.uchospitals.edu/news/2004/20040810-hormone.html
Najam

Return to Thyroid Cancer