Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Would You Live In A Town With A Suspected Leukemia Cluster?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Fitzpatrick » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:26 pm

I live in Sierra Vista, AZ that has a suspected childhood leukemia cluster. I have a 2 year old son that I'm afraid for. There's also a large number of adults with leukemia here as well, but they don't count towards the cluster. My husband is also military, the thing is if we move he might end up in a unit that will be going to Iraq. Would you stay here or move?
Fitzpatrick

Postby Mortimer » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:40 pm

I would move, you really cant risk your son being ill. Also, I dont know if you plan to have more children but you would have to consider the health of future children as well.
Mortimer

Postby Waldemarr » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 pm

I live in Sierra Vista, AZ that has a suspected childhood leukemia cluster. I have a 2 year old son that I'm afraid for. There's also a large number of adults with leukemia here as well, but they don't count towards the cluster. My husband is also military, the thing is if we move he might end up in a unit that will be going to Iraq. Would you stay here or move?
Waldemarr

Postby Gascon » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:55 pm

I'd move.
If you have to stay, take precautions--don't drink the tap water--buy it. Wear a mask outside when doing yard work.

Your husband may end up in Iraq if you stay in AZ so I wouldn't let that really be an issue.
I'd request a transfer for him, meanwhile you and the baby go stay with your mom or another relative until he gets moved.
Gascon

Return to Leukemia Forum