Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

For The Christians Asking About How Atheists Would Console A Kid With Leukemia?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Prydwen » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:58 pm

@ Octavio - Consider yourself corrected.
The first stem cells discovered were the ones that make blood cells.
Including the white ones.

It's what bone marrow transplants are all about. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_marrow...
Prydwen

Postby Aisley » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:59 pm

As an atheist I don't think it is helpful to a kid to bring up the xian right's problem with stem cell research. The fact that doctors are the well trained, that the nursing staff will do everything to help you.

Your family is actively seeing to it that you are getting the best care. Give the kid a hug and ask is there anything I could do to help him or her?
Aisley

Postby Denham » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:02 pm

Umm, Leukemia is the Loss of White blood cells. Stem cells can be grown into organs and whatnot. I think it IS possible for you to grow new bones to replace the type of blood cells that are being grown but...I don't think Stem cells can help that specific disease. Correct me if i'm wrong. And, as a christian, Also know that fighting stem cell research is wrong. and incredibly stupid. We are way behind on Stem cell research, which is an incredible type of Bio-Technology. But don't be stereotypical.
Denham

Postby Tredway » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:04 pm

I think your pushing buttons...looking for a harsh answer, im not gonna give you one.

But Id tell the kid your soul never dies and you life will never end for you have nothing to fear....and thats the truth

Ps someday you will get it :)

-god be with you
Tredway

Postby Lindleigh » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:05 pm

It is helpful but I kind of disagree. Debate is often a good thing. While it gets pretentious, it keeps us in line and gives us different opinions.
Lindleigh

Postby Paton » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:16 pm

You are confusing your facts.
The stem cells used in leukemia treatment are adult stem cells harvested from consenting adult bone marrow donors. In some cases cord blood can be used, but that is also adult stem cell research.
This has NOTHING to do with embryonic stem cell research, and the church has NOT been against adult stem cell research, nor bone marrow transplants, save the handful of religions that do not believe in western medicine as a whole.
Paton

Postby Bourn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:18 pm

could a christian say "properly, that is God's will which you have leukemia, so your suffering is a robust component. Hallelujah!" No (properly, maximum that i recognize does no longer anyhow). i do no longer think of all people could be so merciless to somebody in that place. i think of any atheist caregiver or chum could attempt to spend as lots time with that baby as available and make the final days of their existence as delicate and happy as available. in basic terms because of fact i'm an atheist and could like religious human beings to work out the blunders of their techniques and end oppressing others, does not advise i could attempt to tear away faith from a loss of life individual. that is terrible and there is no longer something won from that in the time of any respect.
Bourn

Return to Leukemia Forum