Welcome to Cancer-Forums.net!   

Advertisments:

Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

In California Can You Make Money On Ebay While On State Disability Insurance(sdi)?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

In California Can You Make Money On Ebay While On State Disability Insurance(sdi)?

Postby Elisheba » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:51 am

Legally, you are supposed to report it, and that can get sticky.
They can adjust your payment, or even call it work and use that to say you are no longer disabled.
But many people don't.
Having been on disability, I know they dont give you enough to pay your bills, and then try to say that you are not allowed to do anything to make up the difference.
On the other hand, if you get caught getting income without reporting it, they can, in theory, sue you for every penny worth of benefits you received.

People can call me a lazy moocher all they want, I still worked on the side when I was on disability.
I had legit medical problems, I was going through leukemia treatment and spent more time in the hospital than out.
But I couldnt pay my bills on what they gave me, and when I could, I did odds and end jobs, babysat, sold stuff online to try to make up the difference.
I did not report the income.
Elisheba

Postby Chatima » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:56 am

Chatima

Postby fitzwater98 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 am

Califronia SDI requires that you report all forms of income..All means All.
fitzwater98

Return to Leukemia Forum