Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Hair Dying Problem? Help!!?

Leukemia and blood cancer discussion.

Postby Lester » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:17 am

So, I have thick, dark brown hair with blonde underneath it because I dye the blonde different colors(Purple, blue, red, orange ect.) but last week I was trying to dye the brown part of my hair black, and it didn't really work :c I left it on for 2 hours, since I have to leave it on for a LONG time in order for it to dye my hair, but it just made it one shade darker...

I got a bit on the blonde, and I didn't notice it till I saw some blue mixed in with my red, and I haven't had blue in my hair for a few month..So the black must of faded to blue...

But if I dye my entire head black, will it all turn a blue-ish color? It was a navy blue, by the way...

And what are some good black hair dyes?
Lester

Postby Heathclyf » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:18 am

Call the 1-800# found on the box of dye or email them, (to find #, go online & search the brand if you don't have the box) they're the hair color experts they can advice you best. Style meets chemistry meets biology: We're talking hair coloring.

Playing with chemicals is not like playing with clothes, or doing a manicure, there are penalties for playing chemicals in the lab. Even hair color experts at the salon are not rocket scientists, they do a bang up dye jobs to their clients or their own hair.

Overlapping dye onto previously colored hair is what creates dullness and dryness. If you color your hair @ home or salon, let your roots grow out as long as you can stand, so the line of demarcation is easier to spot. Only run color through the lengths for five minutes to refresh the ends. To extend the time between touch-ups, use a gloss and deep -conditioning treatments. They will help smooth cuticles roughed up by daily wear & tear, and the hair will look shinier. ~ Harry Josh, hairstylist of the celebrities.

Permanent black hair dye is linked to causing leukemia and lymphomas.

Google search: Salon hair dye horror stories. About 305,000 results (0.20 seconds) OR Google Salon Hair Dye Lawsuits. About 336,000 results (0.17 seconds) Dec. 2011

When it comes to hair care treatments, product use or visits to a salon or spa, the consumer must take responsibility to do their homework and be aware of all the risks involved.

Chemicals can enter the body through the skin.

> > > Hair dye chemicals linked to cancer

London, Feb 20, 2013 I've been saying that since 2009.

Hair dyes, which include home hair colouring kits and those used at pricey salons, are linked to deadly cancer-causing chemicals, warn scientists.
In 2009 the Mail revealed that women who used hair dyes more than nine times a year had a 60% greater risk of contracting blood cancer.

A year later the European Commission banned 22 hair dyes which put long-term users at risk of bladder cancer. < < <
Heathclyf

Postby Troye » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:24 am

I've naturally blonde hare and that i dye it black with brown highkights at all times... I have on no account had a trouble with my hair turning inexperienced. I get this dye known as Ion type a beauty deliver store it is vitally moderate they usually ladys on the store will aid you prefer out the correct developer. But before you dye it once more provide your hair a smash and get a good shampoo and conditioner.
Troye

Postby Tolland » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:30 am

First of all, if dye your hair black, you will never be able to lighten it unless you bleach your whole head.
I do not recommend this at all.

Second, some black dyes do have a tendency to look blue.
Hopefully you're local Sally Beauty Supply employees will be able to guide you to what you need to get the look you want.
Tolland

Postby Narfi » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:42 am

Are you really trying to tell me dying my hair will kill me? Umm.....No. Those people probably had problems before.

And I only dye my hair, like, every month. Some kids dye their hair every weekend! And my hair is VERY healthy. it's kinda annoying how healthy it is..Like, it doesn't like hair dye -.-

And IDGAF if I die from it, because I HIGH doubt I will :/
Narfi

Return to Leukemia Forum