Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Pneumonia And Stage Iv Lung Cancer?

Lung Cancer discussions, another of the most common forms of cancer

Postby Manawydan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:35 pm

My step-grandpa was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer back in October...He's been doing chemotherapy.
Just today, he requested to stop the treatment, but he will continue the antibiotics for the pneumonia. He's not doing so well, but I pray that he gets better, and that the cancer goes away everyday... I like to have hope, and not face reality. ...he's such a huge part of my life. He's not the same as he once was.. :(. Anyway, he is in the hospital as of three days ago with pneumonia... I am assuming this is not good... Could anyone give me more information of what to expect? :/
Manawydan

Postby Jehu » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:36 pm

right now my sister is in the hospital because she developed pneumonia about four days ago she went in, she was supposed to go to rehab but she has a fever so she cant go yet??
Jehu

Postby Alan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 pm

first off i am so sorry for this. its a hard thing to deal with, when a dear loved one is sick.
From the sounds of it, you cant expect a huge turn around- but again God works in mysterious ways.
I think the best thing for you, is to stay positive, visit him... help him out, read to him, bring him his favorite new paper or magazine.. make sure he's comfy. make him laugh. tell him you love him.
Just BE there for him! It's hard to get older, as see those you love around you also getting older and going through sickness or even worse.
Just keep your head up and remember death is inevitable, we all end up facing it someday... Cherish what you have now with him.
Keep praying!
Alan

Postby Denison » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:40 pm

I lost my dad to lung cancer. He got pneumonia about 2 days before he died... I'm sorry.
Denison

Postby Clancey » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:47 pm

As a Nurse who has worked in Hospice care I believe in being totally honest with those who WANT to know.

I don't know if and/or when you Grandfather will pass but I can tell you that Stage 4 cancer is not good and especially lung cancer as it usually spreads quickly and also causes many other problems- such as the Pneumonia he now has.

It is evident that HE has accepted the fact that he is terminal and has decided to stop the cancer treatments and just go with the medications to help clear the Pneumonia so- I am sure- he can at least breathe better. This is called "comfort care" and is still his choice to receive. He may live for months and the cancer may spread to other organs that will take him in days. This is not something anyone can predict.

I would like to encourage you in accepting this WITH him. If he wants to talk about his passing don't discourage him with statements like "don't say that Grandpa- you will get better". HE knows thats not true and it only makes it worse for him as he then worries about you or other family members not accepting and being upset and worried. Everyone needs to visit him as much as HE wants, encourage him to continue eating and taking the antibiotic and especially any pain medications he is given. Let him make the decisions about his remaining life and make it comfortable and as stress free as possible for him.

There are many miracles that occur all over the world every day and I am not saying that one cannot occur for him- but be prepared.

Good luck and God Bless you all.
Clancey

Postby collis97 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:48 pm

Stage 4 Lung Cancer And Pneumonia
collis97

Postby taylan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:51 pm

This secret set the medical world on fire!

A 102 year old doctor exposes the myths regarding the real cause of diseases...

And shows you a simple thing you can do right now in your home...that will bulletproof you against life-debilitating illnesses: including heart attack, Cancer, Diabetes, Alzheimer's and MORE...

Click Here Before The Video Gets Taken Down - http://reversediseasetoday.info/Big-Secrets-x89s.html

If Big Pharma gets wind of this, they'll send their lawyers to try to take down the site.

This simple thing doesn't cost you a single cent, and it will destroy Big Pharma's business of selling drugs.

Click Here Before Big Pharma Ban This Video - http://reversediseasetoday.info/Big-Secrets-x89s.html

God Bless,

Ken

P/s: More than 20,392 people have already watched the video...and I'm receiving tens of emails everyday telling me how they are reversing their chronic conditions...in less than 72 hours!
taylan

Return to Lung Cancer