Useful Links:

American Cancer Society
National Cancer Institute
Cancer Definition

Lung/liver Cancer

Liver Cancer research, treatment and diagnosis discussion

Lung/liver Cancer

Postby rawls » Wed May 25, 2016 11:57 pm

My sister was diagnosed with Stage IV lung/liver cancer last January; however the Doctor believes it probably started the previous June.  She has undergone a number of chemo treatments and is not experiencing much pain.  We have a scan scheduled in the next couple of weeks to see if the lesions on her liver have changed.  I'm quite concerned about her sleep patterns.  She sleeps 5 hours at a time, is up for 10 or 15 minutes and goes right back to sleep and usually sleeps all through the night.  She does eat but goes right back to sleep.  Is this a normal process for this disease?  Thank you for whatever info you can give me.
rawls

Lung/liver Cancer

Postby Sayer » Thu May 26, 2016 3:30 am

My sister was diagnosed with Stage IV lung/liver cancer last January; however the Doctor believes it probably started the previous June.  She has undergone a number of chemo treatments and is not experiencing much pain.  We have a scan scheduled in the next couple of weeks to see if the lesions on her liver have changed.  I'm quite concerned about her sleep patterns.  She sleeps 5 hours at a time, is up for 10 or 15 minutes and goes right back to sleep and usually sleeps all through the night.  She does eat but goes right back to sleep.  Is this a normal process for this disease?  Thank you for whatever info you can give me.
Sayer

Lung/liver Cancer

Postby Timmy » Fri May 27, 2016 4:12 am

Dear Barbara your sister has a stage IV(the worst) cancer that may have started in her lungs and then spread to her liver(or possibly the other way around though that is probably less likely) and on top of that undergoing chemotherapy! That is a TREMENDOUS strain on both her body & mind! I'm not at all surprised that she has this otherwise abnormal need of sleep! I would be much more surprised if she was "more normal"!

You can also reach me at: http://www.liveperson.com/professional/expert-profile.aspx?gsBMQvSJ0S4K1haAm6AtH

There is no limit to the number of questions there. Please note: NEW SITE!

Donations are also always welcome! No amount is too small, no amount is too big!
Timmy

Return to Liver Cancer